Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lately, I have been trying to be more mindful about what I bring into the house. We have a small home to begin with but I’m starting to notice a lot more clutter and disorganization than I feel comfortable with. Before I buy something, I try to really think about whether I need it or not.
DIY Lavender Facial
I’m not the only one that’s become more aware of all the “stuff” in my house. My Mom has noticed the same at her home. We are both working on limiting what we buy and getting rid of the things we have too much of. Since Mother’s Day will be here in a few weeks, I’ve started to really wonder what she’d really like for Mother’s Day. I don’t want to contribute to the clutter that she’s trying to get rid of but I do want to give her something.
I have decided to focus on an experience rather than on a traditional gift. Since my Mom and I don’t get to spend anywhere near as much time together as I’d like, I have decided to invite her over for a DIY Lavender Facial, a cup of herbal tea and a healthy treat. This DIY Lavender Facial won’t contribute to the clutter problem although it could easily be placed in a pretty basket with a box of herbal tea, a wash cloth and some fair trade dark chocolate if you prefer. Just be aware that this DIY Lavender Facial has no preservatives and will need to be refrigerator. For best results, make it up the day you intend to present it.
You can put this in a little 4 oz canning jar if you plan on giving it to them. Or, you can just mix it up in a little bowl if you intend on inviting them over for a mini spa day.
- 2 tbsp full fat organic Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 drop of lavender essential oil
- 1/4 tsp dried lavender flowers
- Mix well.
- Apply directly to a freshly washed face.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove with damp washcloth.
While you and your mom are enjoying this amazingly relaxing DIY lavender facial, put on some soft music and enjoy a cup of chamomile tea together.
For more easy gift ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Cookie Platter Mother’s Day Gift by A Mom’s Take
- DIY Mother’s Day Herb Garden Gift by Mom Does It All
- DIY Vanity Tray by Style on Main
- Homemade Painted Glass Bottle by Our Family World
- Thanks a Latte Teacher Gift by Simply Southern Mom
- DIY Shea Butter Lotion Bars by Better in Bulk
- DIY Mother’s Day Coupon Book for Twin Moms by Mom on the Side
- DIY Butterfly Wall Hanging by Home and Garden Cafe
- Party Worthy Spinach Salad with Strawberries by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Aromatherapy Shower Fizzies by My So Called Balanced Life
- Easy DIY Photo Coasters & a Delicious Mocktail to Spoil Mom by Two Boys One Girl One Crazy Mom
- Add Some Style to Your Sunglasses by Greta’s Day
- DIY Kitchen Herb Garden Gift by About a Mom
- Pasta Picture Frame by Upstate Ramblings
- Easy Marquee Letter Craft by Momma D Jane’s Blog
- School’s Out for Summer Gift by The Guavalicious Life
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.