Fun fact: Peppermint essential oil stimulates mental activity, clears the mind, and increases focus on cognitive tasks.
This peppermint body scrub is an easy gift idea that can be made in five minutes or less. I’m trying to make many of my gifts this year, and this one is at the top of my gift list. You can literally make it in no time at all. Just put it in a quilted crystal jelly jar or another decorative glass jar, tie it with ribbon and you have an easy gift idea for any woman on your gift list.
Easy Gift Idea: Peppermint Body Scrub in 5 Minutes
My mom has fallen in love with my body scrubs. Every time we get together, she asks if I have any new ones I’ve made. Since Christmas is coming up soon, I decided to make a basket of body scrubs to give to her with a loofah and some warm socks.
The best thing about making body scrubs for gifts is that you can make as many as you need. Make one or double or triple the recipe to make more. Just make them up close to the holiday and keep them sealed to stay fresh.
I’m part of a group of bloggers that gets together once a month to remake a pin we find on Pinterest. The original body scrub pin contained food dye which I do not use. Plus, she used peppermint extract which is used in baking. To get the full benefits of the peppermint, I used peppermint essential oil instead. I also added a bit of eucalyptus essential oil to the peppermint which makes it perfect for winter cold season.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 3 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 drop of eucalyptus essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid.
- Scrub into your skin while in the bath to soften and exfoliate.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Be careful in case it leaves the tub slippery.
For more Pinterest Remakes, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Peppermint Body Scrub in 5 Minutes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Maple Roasted Carrots by Upstate Ramblings
- Stamped Alcohol Inked Coasters by How Was Your Day?
- Acorn Squash Stuffing Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- How to Make Lightbulb Christmas Ornaments by Jennifer Sikora
- Chocolate “Muddy Buddy” Snowy Pinecones by Food Fun Family
- Winter White Red Velvet Fudge by Mom Does it All
- How to Make a Coffee Filter Wreath by Mom Always Finds Out
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Bars by Home and Garden Cafe
- Coconut Crescent Layer Bars by Sincerely, Mindy
- Make your Own Christmas Tree by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Do It Yourself Cork Coasters by Philzendia