Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re like me, you probably go to the store each year and buy a Halloween pumpkin carving decorating kit. I’ve been doing it every year since the kids were little. But, if you’re like me, you probably have to buy a new one each year because either the pieces break or they get lost. This year, put together your own kit from what you already have at home. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
You may also like:
- Easy and Quick Dollar Store Halloween Ideas
- How to Make Natural Halloween Makeup
- How to Make Bloody Eyeballs (a natural snack)
Halloween Pumpkin Carving Decorating Kit
So, what exactly do you need to decorate your pumpkins? A lot will depend on whether you will be carving, painting, using markers or a little bit of both. Here’s what I suggest. You can adjust it depending on how you decorate and the age of your child.
- An apron or an old over sized shirt (This apron is so cute.)
- A knife to cut off the top (Please use a safety knife.)
- A strong spoon to scoop the seeds. My preference is an ice cream scoop.
- Dry erase marker (This lets you correct mistakes before you start carving.)
- Halloween Cookie Cutters and a rubber mallet (so much easier than carving)
Pumpkin Stencils: 18 Funny & Spooky Faces, Pumpkin Carving Stencils, Pumpkin CarvingPumpkin Masters Contest Winners Halloween Pumpkin Carving Pattern BookWilton 6 Piece Halloween Mini Metal Cookie Cutter Set
- Glow in the dark paint
- Sponges and brushes to paint with
- Masking tape (to edge your design)
- A glow stick (safer than a candle)
- Sharpie markers (for decorating)
- Glow in the dark stickers (for little ones to decorate)
- Glitter paint (to paint the stem)
- Oversized googly eyes
It’s best to collect all of these items and keep them in one place so you will have your Halloween pumpkin carving decorating kit ready to go for next year.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.