Last Updated on December 9, 2022 by Ellen Christian
These are easy and quick dollar store Halloween ideas anyone can do. I’ve been looking for something easy to use on our entertainment center for Halloween. I didn’t want to buy a bunch of stuff that I’d never use again so instead I tried to find things I already had and supplement with a few small purchases from the dollar store.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quick Dollar Store Halloween Ideas
Halloween doesn’t have to be blood and guts and slasher movies. I’m not a big fan of anything too bloody, but I do like a few creepy elements like skulls or spiders.
I already had a skull and several plastic spiders from years past in my props cabinet (for blog photos). This is what I used for my cheap Halloween decorations and where I found it.
Finally, here are a few more easy Halloween decor ideas in this video.
- Books – Spooky titles are best. This is one of my favorite dystopian book series and the titles were perfect.
- Candle – Don’t tell, but this is a Christmas candle I got at the dollar store. Anything would work, but blood red, black, gold, silver, etc. would fit the theme best.
- Large-mouth glass canister with a top – Mine previously held cupcake liners. I repurposed it for a few weeks. You can find them at the dollar store which is where mine came from originally. Make sure the opening is large enough for the skull to fit.
- Spiders – You can find these at the dollar store if you don’t already have several in your Halloween box.
- Mini pumpkin – Mine is real from the farmer’s market, but they sell plastic ones at the dollar store if you don’t already have one.
- Plastic skull – Mine originally came from the craft store, but you can find them just about anywhere.
- Tall glass bottle with cork stopper – This is the bottle I make my flavored oils in, but I’ve seen them at a variety of different stores. The cork gives it a more authentic look. The little spider around the top is actually a plastic spider ring from the dollar store.
You could use a variety of different elements in your Halloween decorating. I’ve seen people take quilt batting and shred it to look like cobwebs. If you have a piece of black lace, that would make a great tablecloth or runner for under the display.
Use what you have in your Halloween decorating. Don’t feel like you need to run out and buy a trunk full of plastic Halloween decorations every year. Just make these quick dollar store Halloween ideas.
Dollar Store Halloween Crafts
So, if you’re looking for a few Dollar Store Halloween crafts, here are a few of my favorites you can choose from.
These crystal ball candlesticks are spooky and easy to make. You will need candlesticks, black paint (if they aren’t already black), clear Christmas ornament balls, and images you make on your printer.
So, you can get the full directions for the simple craft from Flamingo Toes.
If you want a craft that the kids will love, why not make these creepy bush eyes. You won’t believe how simple it is to turn your basic plastic pumpkin treat bucket into this fun craft. It’s simple enough that the kids can help. Check it out on Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons.
I am absolutely in love with this DIY Skull Candle Holder. I definitely will be making this craft for our Halloween decor. You’ll need a few plastic skulls, some spray paint, and some terra cotter saucers. You won’t believe the final result. It’s absolutely amazing. Get the directions from Endlessly Inspired.
Finally, don’t feel like you need directions to make Dollar Store Halloween crafts. All you need is a little bit of creativity. Just head to your favorite Dollar Store and visit their Halloween aisle. Find some decor that you like and start thinking about how you can make it yourself.
Remember, Halloween isn’t just pumpkins and vampires. So, consider ravens, gravestones, skulls, and black cauldrons as wonderful starting points. You’ll be surprised at what you can come up with.
You may also like;
- Easy Halloween Cards to Make
- Easy Halloween Craft Ideas
- Make a Halloween Treat Bag
- Halloween Mason Jar Candy Jar
- Adult Halloween coloring pages
- Edible Halloween crafts
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.
8 thoughts on “Quick Dollar Store Halloween Ideas”