Last Updated on
I love making crafts for different holidays and these easy Halloween craft ideas came out so cute!. While I craft regularly, I enjoy finding crafts that are fairly easy to do. I’m not one of those people who is going to sit down and hand sew a quilt for our bedroom or turn our living room wall into a mural. I like crafts I can start and complete in one afternoon.
You may also like:
Easy Halloween Craft Ideas
Since Halloween will be here in another month, I have been searching for easy Halloween craft ideas I can do. I was sent a Country Living book called Spooky & Bright that has 101 Halloween ideas for both food and crafts.
Many Halloween craft books are mostly children’s crafts. That’s fine if you have small children but it doesn’t work well when you have teenagers who aren’t interested in turning a paper plate into a jack o lantern with you. Thankfully, Spooky & Bright has crafts that aren’t geared toward children.
Of course, there are several crafts that are simple enough for your child to do with you if they want to. The best thing about the ideas in this book is that they are all very easy to do.
I decided to make this cute Craft Haunting Terrarium for Halloween. I love crafts that upcycle and this one uses an empty glass jar that’s been rescued from the recycling bucket.
- Empty, clean glass jar with lid
- Twig that fits into the glass jar
- 1 or 2 plastic spiders or other bugs
- Moss or small stones
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- White spray paint (optional)
- Make sure the glass jar is clean, dry, and that the label has been removed completely.
- Find a stick that is slightly shorter and more narrow than the jar itself.
- Hot glue it to the inside of the jar lid so it sticks straight up.
- Hot glue the plastic spider to the twig making sure it all fits inside the jar with the lid on.
- Spray paint everything but the jar white (optional). I left mine natural colors.
- Hot glue green moss to the lid or add small pebbles to the lid instead.
- Place the jar upside down over the lid and screw it on.