Last Updated on October 21, 2019 by Ellen Christian
I love making cards and playing with paper crafts. It’s one of my favorite types of crafts. As much as I enjoy it, I don’t have a lot of time to devote to it. When I search for projects, I want them to be fairly simple. I don’t have hours to devote to crafting so I look for crafts that can be done in a few minutes or half an hour. Since Halloween will be here soon, I have been searching for easy Halloween cards to make.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Halloween Cards to Make
I love rubber stamping. Since I don’t have a very steady hand, I rarely draw. When I want words or a cute design, I turn to rubber stamps. You really don’t have to be an artist to use a rubber stamp. Just ink them and go. I recently received products from Stampin’ Up! to review on my blog and decided to show you a few easy Halloween cards to make this year.
- A variety of Halloween themed designer paper. I used the Designer Series Paper Motley Monsters which has a number of different designs. Each sheet is double-sided. This one is available on Amazon right now for a great price.
- Rubber stamp pads. Orange, black, gold, silver and dark green will all work. I chose Jet Black and Pumpkin Pie.
- Wooden Stamp Set Ghoulish Greetings. This one would work as well.
- Scissors, glue
- Blank note cards with envelopes
There are no set directions for making these cards. So, I basically cut the Halloween themed designer paper into different shapes and arranged them on the card until I liked the way they looked. I added a strip of black on one in the center and then layered a set of 3 rectangles on top. I finished by stamping a Halloween saying in Pumpkin Pie.
For the second card, I arranged strips of Halloween themed designer paper of a black square. Then, I then cut out a white rectangle and cut it to look like a ribbon. I stamped three Halloween phrases in different colored ink.
Halloween card sayings
Now that you know what to put on the outside of the card, have you given any thought to Halloween card sayings for the inside of the card? Here are a few that might work for you.
- Keep it creepy!
- Have a spooktakular Halloween!
- Ghostly greetings
- Happy Haunting
- Have a bootiful Halloween
- Eat, drink and be scary
If you’re looking for a few Halloween puns to put inside these easy Halloween cards, check out these:
- What does the vegan zombie eat? Grains!
- Why did the ghost go to the bar? For the boos!
- Why doesn’t Dracula have any friends? Because he’s a pain in the neck.
- What kind of music do mummies listen to? Wrap
- Where does Dracula keep his savings? In the blood bank
I really made both of these cards in about thirty minutes. There are tons of fun Halloween crafting supplies from Stampin’ Up from little kid cute to slightly scary for adults or older children. No matter what type of cards you enjoy making, you can find what you need there. Look for Stampin Up Halloween Cards on Pinterest for more ideas.
Halloween cards to make with toddlers
If you’re looking for a few Halloween cards to make with toddlers or younger children, here are a few easy Halloween cards to make that kids might enjoy.
- You could put these cotton ball ghosties on the front of a construction paper card. I love how this craft turned out. Check them out here.
- This smoosh and stamp pumpkin art would be simple to decorate the front of a card. Get directions here.
- Or, check out this skeleton print hand art for a fun easy Halloween card to make. Find the directions here.
- These spooky ghost prints would be an easy craft for the kids to make one afternoon. Check out this post.
You may also like
If you enjoy these easy Halloween cards to make, I have a few other Halloween themed posts that you might enjoy reading. You can get started right here.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.
6 thoughts on “Easy Halloween Cards to Make for Beginner Crafters”