Last Updated on November 12, 2022 by Ellen Christian
Looking for Mason Jar decorations? Check out my favorite crafts for glass jars and learn how to make jute wrapped succulent jars today.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mason Jar Craft Ideas
As someone who has canned for years, I have boxes of Mason jars in storage. I still use them for canning but I have way more than I will ever need. Since Mason jar craft ideas have been so popular lately, I wanted to try another one.
I received Mason Jar Crafts by Lauren Elise Donaldson. It contains DIY projects for adorable gifts, rustic decor, clever storage, inventive lighting and much more. I have really enjoyed having more houseplants so when I came across a Mason jar craft that held a succulent, I knew this was the project I needed to do.
These were intended to be used as wedding favors. You could use them as favors for any type of party or simply make one or two for yourself. I’m not a fan of party favors for the most part because they don’t tend to be things that are very useful. These Jute-Wrapped Succulent Favors can serve as a cute houseplant long after the party is over.
- Half pint size Mason jar
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Jute twine
- Wood skewer
- Scrap linen fabric
As a note, since I was not using these as party favors, I didn’t bother with the wood skewer or the scrap linen fabric.
- Remove the metal band and lid from the Mason jar. You will not use them.
- Place a thin line of glue along the bottom edge of the jar and then press the twine down into the glue. Apply pressure to the twine while the glue dries.
- Repeat step 2 to cover the entire jar, doing a little section at a time and slowly working your way up and around the Mason jar.
- Continue wrapping until the entire jar is completely covered. Cut the twine when you have finished.
- Plant your succulent in the jar.
- To make the little flag, cut down a wooden skewer to 6 inches. Knot a scrap of frayed linen onto the end. A dab of hot glue will help hold it in place. Stick the flag into the jar for a simple embellishment.
Mason Jar Crafts has tons of different Mason jar craft ideas. There are several more that I want to try as well. Here are a few more succulent crafts to try.
There are so many different DIY Mason Jar gifts you can make! Why not try my Mason Jar bathroom storage DIY.
More glass jar crafts
- 15 Easy DIY Mason Jar Gifts
- DIY Glass Cloche
- How to Decoupage a Glass Jar
- DIY succulent centerpieces
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.