Last Updated on September 7, 2019 by Ellen Christian
Are you thinking about a teen beach party? Finding party ideas for teenagers isn’t easy. You don’t want to do something that’s too young for them but you still want the party to have a theme to help with decorating and snack ideas. Teen beach parties are the perfect answer. They are both affordable and loads of fun.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Have a Teen Beach Party
When I received the Disney Teen Beach Movie DVD, I knew this would be an amazing party idea for teenagers. These suggestions on how to have a teen beach party are all fairly simple. You don’t need to buy special ingredients or decorating supplies. You can make as few or as many as you’d like depending on how many people you will have over.
Since I wanted this party to have a more adult feel, I didn’t go crazy with decorations and printables. I did use this printable Life is a Beach since I thought the teens might appreciate the mixed meaning. If you have a younger crowd, print off this Beach Scavenger Hunt printable from this post for them to enjoy.
Teen Beach Party Menu
- Tuna salad pinwheels in seaweed (spinach) sandwich wraps. Slice and hold together with toothpicks if you need to. If you need something that is vegetarian, you can use egg salad as a filling instead. Or, you could always try a shrimp salad for something a bit fancier.
- Deviled egg boats. I used squares of scrapbook paper cut into sail shapes. You can use a triangle of pepper, a tortilla chip, or paper flags.
- Octopus Dip. OK, it’s really ranch dip with a pepper cut to look like an octopus is coming out of the dip. Use olives for the eyes.
- Chips and beverages that your teens enjoy.
Teen Beach Party Supplies
- White, blue or yellow tablecloth, napkins, and plates to look like white sand, blue water, and yellow sun
- Scatter seashells randomly around the tablecloth. You can put out a buck of cheap plastic sunglasses too. A sand bucket and random plastic shovels make for cute beach decor as well. Just use your imagination and keep the age of your child in mind.
- Fun beach themed music to set the mood. Just a few options are oldies like The Beach Boys, Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters, Toes in the Sand by the Zac Brown Band or Rockaway Beach by the Ramones. Check with your teens to see if they have any other ideas from their favorite groups.
- Disney Teen Beach Movie on DVD for their viewing pleasure. You can also check out Teen Beach Movie II since that’s out now as well. Or, let the kids watch both and see which one is their favorite. I prefer the first one. There are lots of other movies that would work for teen beach parties.
It’s not easy finding movies for pre-teens and teenagers that they will enjoy and that’s appropriate at the same time. Disney Teen Beach Movie is definitely one of those movies. Two surfers are living the good life until a rogue wave magically transports them to a classic 60’s beach party movie. Like any good teen movie, there’s a rivalry between two opposing “gangs” (bikers and surfers), romance, comedy and of course music.
Finally, Disney Teen Beach Movie is full of laughs and definitely something that teenagers will enjoy. So, if your teens enjoy musicals like Grease, they will definitely love the music and dancing in Teen Beach Movie.
When I was planning how to have a teen beach party, I knew this would be the perfect movie and I was right. The DVD also includes exclusive behind the scenes rehearsal footage of 7 musical numbers. This is the perfect movie for whatever teen beach parties you’re planning this summer.
Teen Beach Games
Most Teen Beach games will require a pool or access to a beach or even a riverbank. You’ll want to collect beach balls, pool noodles, and sand toys to have a giant sandcastle competition. If you have a large open area, a game of beach volleyball is always fun. So, here are a few more party game ideas for kids. I’d love to hear about your teen beach parties. So, what kinds of things did your teens enjoy?
You may also like:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.