I’ve been looking for a gorgeous fall centerpiece to use for Thanksgiving, but I haven’t found anything I like. I didn’t want to buy something and have to store it all year. I’m trying to limit the number of new things I buy and store for holidays. As I was searching on Pinterest, I saw a cute project where they filled a glass jar with acorns and added a candle. I decided to remake it into something a bit difference since I have no acorns.
A Gorgeous Fall Centerpiece in 5 Minutes or Less
I’m part of a group of bloggers that gets together once a month to recreate something we find on Pinterest to make it our own. You can find the original pin here. The original pin filled a glass vase partway with acorns and then set a votive candle in the middle of the vase. I like the way it looks but I’d worry about the candle’s safety as it burns down. Plus, I don’t have any acorns.
- One to three glass jars, Mason jars or clear flower vases
- Pinecones, acorns, popcorn, tiny rocks, plastic apples, etc.
- One to three clear glass votive holders, tealight candles, etc.
- One to three votive candles in ivory, white, cream or fall colors
- Miscellaneous pine cones, leaves, mini pumpkins, etc.
- You can use as many glass jars as you like for your centerpiece.
- Fill each one about one-third full of whatever filler you like.
- Carefully place a votive in a votive holder in the center of the vase and press down slightly to make it secure.
- Arrange things tastefully on a cutting board, tray or directly on the table.
Honestly, this took me less than five minutes. I used a clear vase and two drinking glasses as the holders and a cutting board as the base. Then I hunted through my craft box and grabbed anything that looked even remotely like fall. I moved things around a few times until I got it to look the way I wanted it to.
For more Pinterest Remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Fall centerpiece in less than 5 minutes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Garden fresh, creamy tomato basil soup by Oh So Savvy Mom
- Candy corn wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Spaghetti squash pizza boats by Homemaking Hacks
- Apple pecan stuffing recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Pumpkin scones by Jennifer Sikora
- Pumpkin seed granola by Better in Bulk
- Pumpkin cream cheese muffins by Mom Does it All
- French onion soup by OurFamilyWorld
- Mummy Halloween pumpkin centerpiece by Simply Southern Mom
- Coffee rub burgers by Roasted Beanz
- Rustic twig star wreath by Sweet Lil You
- Buffalo chicken deviled eggs by Home and Garden Cafe
- Pumpkin marshmallow M&M blondies by Simply Mindy
- Honey lavender cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- Mini chocolate apple pops by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Spaghetti and meatball muffins by Mom Always Finds Out