Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Besides cows and skiing, Vermont is known for the beautiful fall leaves you can see in the autumn. People travel here from all over to “leaf peep” at the changing colors. Since I live in the middle of the woods, I don’t need to travel very far at all to enjoy the fall leaves.
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Fall Leaves Pictures
Since I love taking photographs on my walks, I thought I would share some tips for taking fall leaves pictures with you. There are a lot of different ways that you can capture the beauty of nature. These are the ones that I use most frequently.
- Consider your lighting. Lighting can have a significant impact on how your fall leaves pictures come out. Colors will be much more vibrant on an overcast day. Sunlight can cause shadows and leave your colors looking washed out.
- Capture the water or rain on your leaves. Water can make colors much more vibrant. Try catching the fall leaves after a rain storm or while floating in the water.
- Use the weather to your advantage. Try to catch fog, sunrise or sunset, rain or mist.
- Change your vantage point. Instead of photographing things in front of you, try looking up or down instead.
- Consider your background for contrast. Leaves can look much more vibrant against a white background rather than the sky or other trees.
- Don’t get so stuck on the leaves that you forget everything else. If the colors aren’t particularly vibrant in your area. Try getting a photo of something bright against the duller leaves.
For more photographs, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Fall Leaves Pictures by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Lazy Days by Controlled Confusion
- American Werewolf in London by Life with Lisa
- Autumn at the Produce Stand by Champagne Living
- CT200H Road Trip by Tools 2 Tiaras
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.