Last Updated on January 10, 2022 by Ellen Christian
Check out this easy tie-dye fruity Easter cupcake recipe! I just love the fruity taste. Try this easy Easter cupcake recipe today and enjoy!.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love Easter not only for what it symbolizes but because it happens right at the beginning of springtime here in Vermont. We get excited to start seeing real colors again after a winter full of white, brown, and gray. I love the reds, greens, yellows, and pinks from the flowers as they start to bloom.
Easy Easter Tie Dye Easter Cupcake Recipe
With all the attention to the dangers of artificial food dyes, I prefer to stay away from foods that have them. That doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a tie-dye fruity Easter cupcake. It just means you need to find natural alternatives.
There are a number of different natural gelatin mixes out there that use color and flavor from food rather than from artificial colors. You can find Simple Mixes on Amazon. All the ingredients are whole food compliant and made with natural colors, flavors, and sweeteners. They are even gluten-free and made in the USA.
You can buy the cake mix and frosting prepared if you like. Or if you have extra time on your hands, you can try my organic cupcake recipe. Then frost them with my naturally pink frosting. It’s entirely up to you and your preferences. If gluten is an issue, look for a gluten-free cupcake mix and frosting.
You can top these with organic jelly beans, a fresh strawberry, or a beautiful Easter cupcake topper like the one I listed above. Check out the floral cupcake topper tutorial I did a while ago if you’d like to make your own.
Once the cupcakes are ready, get the kids together, put on some Easter music, and enjoy the treat.
More Easter recipes
You will love this Gluten Free Italian Easter Pie! Pastiera di grano is an Italian dessert served at Easter. Try this gluten free ricotta pie.
This basic coconut macaroons recipe is the perfect springtime or Easter treat. When I think of coconut, it always reminds me of Easter time.
- 1 pkg (2 layer size) white cake mix (or homemade if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup natural yellow or orange gelatin dry mix (1/2 3 oz package)
- 1/4 cup natural green gelatin dry mix (1/2 3 oz package)
- 1/4 cup natural red gelatin dry mix (1/2 3 oz package)
- 1 container ready to spread vanilla frosting (or homemade)
- Make the cake following the directions on the package. Divide the batter evenly into three different bowls. Stir a different flavor of natural gelatin mix into each bowl and stir until the color is blended throughout.
- Spoon two tablespoons of each color batter into each lined cupcake tin. Alternate colors so you have a rainbow effect in your Easter cupcakes.
- Bake as directed on cake mix package for cupcakes. Let cool completely & frost or top with whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.