Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Making your own wedding cupcake toppers or any type of cupcake toppers can be a great way to personalize an occasion. If your favorite flowers are daisies, you may not be able to find a daisy cupcake topper to use for your event. Making your own wedding cupcake toppers means that you can choose the type of topper and the color to match your party supplies. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Wedding Cupcake Toppers
Making your own wedding cupcake toppers is really very simple. You can add them to cupcakes prepared by a bakery or to your own homemade cupcakes depending on the size of your wedding party.
- Small Scallop Tags
- Mini Bow Tie Bows in your wedding colors. You can also add a piece of white gauze to the bride topper.
- Wood Sandwich Picks(These are much easier to use than toothpicks.)
- Adhesive Dot Roller
- Black Gel Pen or Fine Tipped Marker. You could also use rubber stamps if you prefer.
- Write “Mr. & Mrs.” on each small scallop tag. Or customize with your own words.
- Attach each mini bow tie bow to the left side of the scallop tag using the adhesive dot roller.
- Attach the wood sandwich pick to the back of each tag with the adhesive dot roller being careful not to smudge the writing.
- Insert into the center of each frosted cupcake.
If you don’t want to use traditional black and white, you can easily find other colors of scallop tags. Or keep the scallop tags white and instead use multi-color mini bow tie bows as accents.
If this sounds like more work than you’re up for, you can purchase premade wedding cupcake toppers from several places. I find that the lowest prices and best selection for these are on Amazon.
Ruby Rock-It Fundamentals Scallop Tags (25 Pack), Small, WhiteHipGirl 20pc Applique Embellishment 1.25Wedding Planner (3rd Edition): 43 Elegant Wedding Crafts You Can Use For Center Pieces, Flowers, Decorations, And Much More!Cupcake Wrappers 100 Filigree Artistic Bake Cake Paper Cups Little Vine Lace Laser Cut Liner Baking Cup Muffin Case Trays for Wedding Party Birthday Decoration (White)
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.