Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
So, these basic coconut macaroons are the perfect springtime or Easter treat. When I think of coconut, it always reminds me of Easter time. Of course, you can enjoy any of these coconut macaroon variations any time you want.
Basic Coconut Macaroons
What are coconut macaroons made of? Basic coconut macaroons are made of shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and some type of flavorings. They are naturally gluten free which makes them a popular cookie in my house.
Do macaroons contain gluten?
This recipe does not contain gluten. However, there are coconut macaroon recipes that use flour. Be sure to read the ingredients list for the variety that you are considering.
Are coconut macaroons hard to make?
Now, there are many different types of coconut macaroons you can make. Some have flour, some egg whites, etc. But, this basic coconut macaroons recipe is very simple to make. And, it takes only a few minutes to mix up so it’s relatively foolproof.
How do you store coconut macaroons after baking?
Store the coconut macaroons in a lightly covered container at room temperature for up to one week. To store them for a longer period of time, place them in an airtight container. Then, store them in the refrigerator for up to three months.
What’s the difference between macaroons and macarons?
So, macaroons are made of coconut and sweetened condensed milk or egg whites. Macarons look like little sandwiches and come in a variety of different colors and flavors. First, see the photo at the top of this post for macaroons. Then, see the photo above this heading for macarons.
Gluten-free coconut macaroons
- Pumpkin Coconut Macaroons by Homespun Seasonal Living
- Caramel Pecan Macaroons by Cooking with Carlee
- Coconut Macaroon Nests by Mama Knows Gluten Free
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons by Mighty Mrs.
- Blueberry Macaroons by The Fit Cookie
- Cranberry Almond Matcha Macaroons by My Sequined Life
- Coconut Macaroon Easter Eggs by Baking Sense
- Coconut Macaroons dipped in Chocolate by Coffee With Us
- Ginger Coconut Macaroons by Cupcake Project
- Keto Coconut Macaroons using Almond Flour by Two Sleevers
- Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Macaroons by Beyond the Chicken Coop
- 2-Ingredient Coconut Macaroons by Life Currents
- Creamsicle Macaroons by Delicious Obsessions
- Keto Coconut Macaroons by Fit To Serve Group
- Scottish Macaroon Snowballs by Tinned Tomatoes
But, if you’re not concerned about gluten, check out these coconut macaroon recipes:
- Coconut Lime Macaroons by Mums the Word
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Kitchen
- Festive Coconut Macaroons by 4 the Love of Food
- Chocolate Dipped Lemon Macaroons by Toaster Oven Love
- Coconut Lime Macaroons by Beyond Frosting
- Easy Coconut Macaroons by Pinch and Swirl
If you're looking for a simple, gluten-free Easter dessert, check out my basic macaroons recipes.
10 minPrep Time
14 minCook Time
24 minTotal Time
- 1 pkg (14 oz) flaked coconut (5 1/3 cups)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Foil line and grease cookie sheet.
- Mix coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and almond together.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire racks to cool.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.