Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m sharing this Hearty Steak and Black Bean Chili recipe with you today because it’s the perfect busy weekend meal. I’m on a blog trip right now, but before I left, I made a big batch of this for the kids to eat while I was gone. It’s super easy to make and tastes even better when you reheat it.
Hearty Steak and Black Bean Chili
If you decide to make this up ahead of time, don’t cook the rice until right before you serve it. That way it will be light and fluffy and not stuck together. So, why did I choose to use Certified Angus Beef®?
Only truly elite beef surpasses the USDA’s stringent Prime standards AND meets all 10 of the brand’s quality specifications. Less than 1.5% of beef achieves the high standards of Certified Angus Beef® brand Prime. And marbling is key to its incredible flavor and tenderness.
I started with a Certified Angus Beef® Steak and then cut it into slightly larger than bite-size pieces. I think that it tastes so much better than chili made with ground beef. You can start with a package of Certified Angus Beef® stew meat if you prefer. Looking for an alternative? You may want to try my Weight Watchers Chicken Chili recipe Lots of people like a sirloin steak and black bean chili recipe as well.
Cowboy Cooking Recipes
Looking for a few cowboy cooking recipes? Why not try these.
Beefed Up Main Dishes
- Cowboy Sushi by NinjaBaker.com
- Grilled Beef Skewers by The Freshman Cook
- Healthier Baked Italian Meatballs by Hardly A Goddess
- Steak and Egg Hash by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwiches by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Grilled Butter Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Open Faced Steak Sandwich by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Steak Sandwiches by Restless Chipotle
Looking for a side to go with my hearty steak and black bean chili recipe? Try one of these.
- Barbecue Beef Skillet Cornbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef and Cabbage Bake by Our Good Life
- Cowboy Nachos by Feeding Big
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Baked Beans by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chicken Fried Ribeye by Life Tastes Good
- Curry Chili Rubbed Sirloin Steak by Food Done Light
- Grilled Porterhouse with Foil Pouch French Onion Green Beans by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy.
I hope you enjoy my steak and black bean chili recipe.
- 1 pound of Certified Angus Beef® steak or stew meat, cut up
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 package of chili seasoning (or make your own)
- 1 jar of medium salsa (or hot if you prefer)
- Saute the cut up steak or stew meat until cooked.
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, salsa, and seasoning. Stir.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Serve over rice or refrigerate until you're ready to serve it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 616Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 781mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 51g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.