Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m always looking for simple home decorating ideas because I enjoy doing projects around the house. We live in an 1865 farmhouse that we have been slowing fixing up and decorating for the past fifteen years. My home has always been a work in progress and that is fine by me. I love working on it slowly and making it a place that really reflects who I am. I recently discovered the world of framed button art. I’ve been checking out some of the simple home decorating ideas on Pinterest and was inspired to try to create my own framed button art. While many of the gorgeous works of art I’ve seen include vintage buttons, my project is created with buttons I had on hand and a few I picked up at the craft store. There’s nothing vintage or antique involved in it unfortunately.
Simple home decorating ideas – Framed Button Art
You can hang your framed button art on the wall or you can use a picture stand to hold it instead. Since I’m not a fan of things that I have to dust around, I chose to hang my framed button art on the wall instead.
Picture frame with mat
Buttons of different sizes and colors depending on your theme
Thread & needle
Linen or cross stitch fabric
- Cut a piece of linen or cross stitch fabric to fit your picture frame and mat.
- Draw or trace a heart lightly in pencil in the center of the linen or cross stitch fabric. Verify that all of the heart will show through the center of your picture frame mat.
- Sew on the buttons following the outline of your heart.
- Fill in the center of the heart with a variety of buttons fitting the different sizes in to make it as full as possible.
- Fit the button art in the center of the frame and hang or display on a stand.
Do you do any crafts that work for simple home decorating ideas? This Framed Button Art could easily be made in a variety of colors. You could do the first letter of your name or a shape like a sailboat or flower for a young child.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.