Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I saw some really cute button and twine bracelets at the last craft fair I visited. Being a crafty person by nature, I decided I would learn how to make them myself and then share a button and twine bracelet tutorial with you.
Fall Button and Twine Bracelet Tutorial
The button and twine bracelets I saw at the craft fair were for little kids and while they were cute, they weren’t really what I wanted to wear. They were basically one large, bright colored plastic button and twine. I decided that the layered look would give the bracelet a little bit more of a grown-up look if I did it with earth toned buttons. This button and twine bracelet tutorial is easy enough for a child to do. Just switch the colors and style of buttons depending on your preferences.
I didn’t have any buttons that were what I wanted in my button jar so I headed to the craft store and was thrilled to find a few buttons that were made from recycled materials. You could really use any buttons you want as long as the hole is big enough for the twine.
- 3 to 6 buttons (4 holes in each button)
- Twine or waxed embroidery floss if you prefer
- Cut a piece of twine that is about 22″ long.
- Put one end in each of the holes and pull through. If your twine is too thick, simply unravel it until it fits.
- Double through the looped end and draw snugly.
- Repeat for the other two holes on the other side.
- Repeat for each button.
You can wear these alone as a single bracelet or you can wear them together so you have the layered look. This bracelet is the perfect choice for a casual look that matches with the earth tones of autumn. I wore mine when I went to the corn maze this afternoon. It was the perfect fun accessory.
For more blog posts from The Brand Connection crafters:
- DIY Fall Banner Wreath by B is 4
- You are my Sunshine Stamped Metal Bracelet by Adventures in All Things Food
For more fall fashion posts, visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- Stock up Your Closet with Fall Boots by Controlled Confusion
- Fall Fashion Going Back to the Seventies by Life with Lisa
- Fall Trends: That 70’s Look by Champagne Living
- Flannel Fall Fashion Trend by Tools 2 Tiaras
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.