Last Updated on March 20, 2022 by Ellen Christian
You are going to love this shrimp asparagus fried rice recipe! Fried rice is one of the easiest ways to use up whatever leftover meat and vegetables you have on hand.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
And, it’s one of my favorite healthy shrimp and rice recipes. Learn how to make shrimp fried rice with this simple recipe.
Shrimp Asparagus Fried Rice Recipe
This easy shrimp fried rice recipe uses asparagus as the main vegetable. It’s something we have a lot of in the spring because my parents grow their own.
But, if you happen to have peas or carrots or even broccoli, there is no reason you can’t toss that in instead.
Is shrimp fried rice good for you?
There is no reason why shrimp fried rice cannot be good for you depending on how you make it. If you’re watching your carbohydrates, you may want to substitute brown rice for white rice.
And, be sure to eat in moderation. If you’re on a restricted sodium diet, any Chinese recipe will be a challenge because of the soy sauce. But, you can find a low salt soy sauce.
How long is shrimp fried rice good for?
Whenever we make fried rice, I make a huge batch so that I can have leftovers for lunch afterward. If you store this in the refrigerator promptly, you can keep leftover shrimp fried rice for five to seven days after you make it.
Be sure that you store it in a container with a tightly fitting lid.
What can I do with frozen cooked shrimp?
If you have frozen cooked shrimp and are wondering what else you can do with it, why not enjoy it with this easy shrimp cocktail sauce?
Or, you can make my shrimp in coconut milk sauce recipe. If you’re entertaining, my mango shrimp ceviche is one of my favorite appetizers.
What should I serve with fried rice?
We generally consider fried rice to be an entire meal since it contains meat, carbohydrate, and vegetables. But, if you want to serve something along with it, these Wild Gochujang wings are amazing and so easy to make.
The last time we had them, my son made them and he has zero cooking experience. Or, you may want to make these homemade egg rolls.
How do you reheat shrimp fried rice?
If you plan on having leftovers (and that’s half the fun) you will want to reheat them in the microwave. For every cup of shrimp fried rice that you add, you will want to add a few tablespoons of water.
Then, cover the dish with a microwave cover to simulate steam. Heat on high for about two minutes. The exact time will vary based on the strength of your microwave.
Because this easy shrimp fried rice recipe uses Sriracha hot sauce, it may be a more spicy shrimp fried rice than you are used to. You can reduce the amount of sriracha sauce you use.
Or, you can serve it on the side and let people add the amount they want to their bowl. Or, if you love spicy food, you may want to add a bit more when you’re making this recipe.
How to cut asparagus
If you have fresh asparagus from the garden, you will simply need to chop it to bite-sized pieces. But, if you purchased it from the grocery store or farmer’s market, you will need to chop off the bottom inch or so of the asparagus stalk.
It’s helpful to use a very sharp knife when you cut asparagus. Remember to cut the asparagus on the diagonal not straight.
What you’ll need to make this recipe
You should have most of what you need already for this recipe. You may want to pick up rice vinegar, spicy sriracha sauce, and low sodium soy sauce.
Or, you can find gluten-free soy sauce if you are gluten intolerant. You can make this easy shrimp fried rice recipe in a wok if you have one or a large pan will work just as well.
So, you can use raw shrimp in this recipe. But, you can also use frozen pre-cooked shrimp if that’s what you have because it will work just as well.
I know that sometimes our local grocery store doesn’t have fresh shrimp. It’s delicious either way you make it so don’t worry about that.
Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe With Asparagus and Green Onions
So, you are going to love this Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe With Asparagus and Green Onions!
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha hot sauce (add more for spicier fried rice, or serve it on the side)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice or rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 Tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- 5oz or 25 young, pencil-thin asparagus sliced into small pieces(you may use the thicker asparagus too)
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups cooked, leftover and cold long grained rice
- fresh lime wedges, to serve
- In a small bowl mix together the sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice until well combined, then set aside. Use your largest frying pan or a large wok to heat up the oil then add the minced garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Next add the sliced asparagus and onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Now add the shrimp to the pan then drizzle 1 Tablespoon of the sauce mixture over the shrimp and give the ingredients a good stir until well combined.
- Sauté until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes or so. Remove everything from the pan/wok and set aside.
- Add the cold rice to the pan/wok and drizzle the remaining sauce over the rice, stir until well combined and cook until the rice has warmed through.
- Add the shrimp and asparagus back to the back, stir until everything is well combined. Serve with slices of limes and squeeze the lime juice over the rice to enjoy.
It’s important that you use rice previously cooked and refrigerated. If you don’t have any then several hours before cooking this fried rice recipe then steam 2 cups of rice with 2.25 cups of water in your pressure cooker, then allow it to cool before refrigerating for at least 3 hours before making the fried rice.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 1356mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.
4 thoughts on “Shrimp Asparagus Fried Rice Recipe”