Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You are going to love this chocolate yogurt loaf cake! This cake recipe with powdered sugar is a better choice than one with frosting but it’s just as delicious! I enjoy desserts but I find that many frosting recipes are just too sweet for me. Using powdered sugar instead of frosting is a great choice. Plus, it lets the rich taste of the cocoa be the star of this chocolate cake recipe instead of the frosting.
You may also like:
Chocolate Yogurt Loaf Cake
My chocolate yogurt loaf cake is made in a loaf pan so it’s easy to slice standard serving sized pieces. Plus, if you’re worried about portion control, you can slice it all at once, and freeze individual slices. Then just take out one slice at a time to ensure you don’t go crazy. If you do freeze this cake recipe with powdered sugar, be sure to add the powdered sugar after you take it out of the freezer.
What you’ll need for this healthy chocolate cake recipe:
Loaf pan – You can either use a non-stick loaf pan or you can use a silicone loaf pan. Or, if you prefer, you can grease a standard loaf pan well to prevent sticking. Just be aware that it does add fat to your recipes.
Babycakes Pop Maker: CP-94LV – Purple, Makes 12 Cake Pop’sErin Bakes Cake: Make + Bake + Decorate = Your Own Cake Adventure!The Greek Yogurt Kitchen: More Than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day
This is a very moist chocolate cake recipe. It’s not too sweet but has just the right amount of decadent chocolate taste. The added Greek yogurt will help increase the protein per serving which will help you stay full longer than if you didn’t add it. You can enjoy a slice for breakfast with a cup of coffee or save it for dessert instead. Make it a little bit healthier by tossing in a handful of berries, flaxseeds or pumpkin seeds. Make it a little bit more decadent by adding a handful of dark chocolate or white chocolate chips. Like nuts in your cake? Add chopped walnuts to this chocolate yogurt loaf cake.
Have you ever tried a chocolate cake made with yogurt?
Yields 1 2
You are going to love this chocolate yogurt loaf cake! This cake recipe with powdered sugar is a better choice than one with frosting but it’s just as delicious
30 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (low fat is fine)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until the mixture is fluffy and resembles wet sand. Beat in egg and egg white. Mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, cocoa powder, vanilla and yogurt until mixture is smooth. Add half of this mixture to the sugar mixture, followed by another 1/3 of the flour mixture. Stir in remaining yogurt and remaining flour, stirring only until no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then carefully cut along the sides of the pan to release the cake and turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.