Last Updated on September 15, 2023 by Ellen Christian
Looking for a protein energy smoothie? Try this delicious high protein energy shake recipe and start the morning off the right way.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Strawberry Protein Energy Smoothie | High Protein Energy Shake
It has officially started. One of the busiest times of the year is here. November and December are my most stressful months. My workload increases. I have tons of holiday preparation to deal with.
The rotten weather means more challenges driving, cleaning, and dealing with life. My first impulse is to grab a few more cups of coffee, but that’s not a healthy choice when you usually drink 3 or 4 cups a day on a good day.
A high-energy protein shake can jump-start your metabolism and provide energy for the whole day.
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Benefits of a protein energy smoothie
Drinking a protein energy smoothie for breakfast starts your day off right. Protein energy smoothies or shakes can help stabilize your blood sugar and provide essential amino acids your body needs.
I’m using GNC SuperFoods Spiru-Meal High Protein Shake in my Strawberry Protein Energy Smoothie. It has 14 grams of vegetarian, non-GMO protein per serving. It features spirulina, digestive enzymes, 3 grams of dietary fiber, and all 9 essential amino acids.
And, it even provides 100% of the daily value of different vitamins and minerals.
Plant based protein
Plant-based protein is a great option if you follow a vegetarian or vegan diet or want to support lean muscle and total body health. Plant-based protein sources include soy, brown rice, pea, and hemp.
Each serving contains spirulina, bee pollen, and 14 grams of protein from non-GMO vegetarian sources like soy, brown rice, and pea. These support energy production, and we all know how important that is for busy women. You can find all of these plant protein sources at GNC.
- Brown rice protein is not a complete or whole protein and is traditionally paired with pea protein to complete the essential amino acid profile.
- Pea proteins are commonly high in the amino acids lysine and arginine and are a protein building block.
- Soy protein provides essential amino acids our bodies need for growth and repair of muscles. Soy protein contains no cholesterol and very little fat.
Best milk for a protein smoothie
This Strawberry Protein Energy Smoothie is very versatile. You can use whatever type of milk you prefer. If you are a vegetarian, use almond, coconut, or soy milk. You can use dairy milk if you’re not following a vegetarian lifestyle.
Change the fruit you add depending on what you have. This delicious protein energy smoothie could be made with frozen mangoes, bananas, peaches or any other type of frozen fruit you have on hand.
More smoothie recipes
- Avocado Pineapple High Fiber Smoothie with Chia Seeds
- Blueberry Protein Smoothie
- Pumpkin Coconut Paleo Smoothie
- Protein shake benefits
- How to make a banana smoothie
- Mocha protein shake
- 10 frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- Handful of slivered almonds
- 2 scoops of GNC SuperFoods Spiru-Meal High Protein Energy Shake (Vanilla Flavor)
- Place the frozen strawberries and the milk in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add 2 scoops of GNC SuperFoods Spiru-Meal High Protein Energy Shake (Vanilla Flavor) and pulse until mixed.
- Enjoy cold.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 944Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 162gFiber: 27gSugar: 105gProtein: 34g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.