Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This protein shake benefits post has been made possible by a product provided at no charge. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
As someone who tries to exercise and work out regularly, I have been curious about protein shake benefits for someone who isn’t a fitness fanatic. While I do work out regularly, I’m not into weight lifting and I don’t run marathons. I’m just a busy mom who wants to try to stay in shape. I was very surprised to learn some of the protein shake benefits for women in general.
Protein Shake Benefits
- Protein. As a busy woman, I know I probably don’t eat as well as I should. Protein is definitely one area that I know I’m lacking in. Drinking a protein shake is something I can do to help my body get the protein it needs.
- Lower in fat/calories. Many sources of protein are higher in fat and calories. I’d rather drink a protein shake with a lower fat content than eat a form of protein higher in fat and calories.
- Weight loss. Protein tends to boost your metabolism which makes it easier to lose weight.
- Vegetarians. For vegetarians, a protein shake is an easy way to add a complete protein to their diet.
- Energy. Drinking a protein shake after a workout is a great way to replenish your energy.
- Convenience. I know I’m supposed to have a protein for breakfast but traditional proteins for breakfast don’t appeal to me. Having a protein shake with fresh fruit or yogurt is the perfect solution.
Not all protein shakes are created equally. Some contain corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Those aren’t healthy choices for me. There are some protein shakes that contain MSG or other food additives that can enhance food cravings. As a mom of a child with gluten and lactose intolerances, I prefer protein shakes the whole family can enjoy. I look for protein shakes that are both gluten and lactose free for that reason. Availability of fun flavors is something else I look for when shopping for protein shakes. If I’m gong to have a protein shake every day, I want to be able to enjoy a different flavor.
Evolve is a naturally flavored protein shake that is specifically formulated for today’s on the go lifestyle. Evolve is naturally flavored with stevia, monk fruit and cane sugar. It contains 12 grams of protein and has only 110 calories. It is gluten and lactose free and includes 1.5 grams of Tonalin® CLA per serving for reducing body fat. Evolve is available in five flavors: Café Latte, Chocolate, Mixed Berry, Strawberry, and Vanilla Crème. My favorite flavor is the Vanilla Creme especially ice cold. As a busy woman, I appreciate that it contains 20 vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source of fiber. Evolve is sold in 4 packs of ready to serve protein shakes (each with a straw). When I’m on the go, I can toss one in my handbag and it’s ready when I need it.
Muscle Milk Light also offers delicious protein shakes. Like the Evolve protein shakes, Muscle Milk Light is both gluten and lactose free. However, the Muscle Milk Light contains 20 grams of protein and has 190 calories. It is lower in calories than the Genuine Muscle Milk (50% less fat) and is sweetened with stevia, monk fruit and cane sugar with no artificial sweeteners. My son is a huge fan of Muscle Milk so I was thrilled to find that there is a lower fat option he can enjoy after sports that is naturally flavored. Muscle Milk Light is available in Chocolate, Vanilla Latte, and now Peach Mango. It comes in 14 ounce ready to drink bottles that he can toss in his duffel bag with his sports equipment. The Peach Mango is yummy!
Now that you know the protein shake benefits, will you be adding them to your workout routine or for daily health goals?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.