Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m not sure that there is anything I look forward to first thing in the morning more than coffee. I’m one of those people that needs at least 3 or 4 cups to get moving in the morning. While I look forward to a hot cup of coffee on a cool morning, as the temperatures rise, I tend to look for something cold. Sometimes I decide to go with an iced coffee but recently I found a delicious recipe for a Frozen Banana Frappe on Pinterest that I wanted to try.
Frozen Banana Coffee Frappe Recipe
This recipe is part of a monthly blog hope where each blogger remakes a craft or recipe on Pinterest to make it their own. You can follow all of our posts by checking out the hashtag #PinterestRemakes. The original recipe called for using traditional dairy milk. Since I try to stay Paleo when possible, I wanted to substitute a Paleo friendly ingredient. I decided to go with coconut milk instead and it’s absolutely delicious!
- 1 1/4 cups of chopped frozen bananas (about 2 small)
- 3/4 cup leftover cold coffee
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla (optional)
- grated dark chocolate to top (optional)
- Put everything in the blender except the grated dark chocolate.
- Blend on high or frappe depending on your blender.
- Top with grated dark chocolate
This is an absolutely delicious dairy free frozen dessert. If you’re trying to stay as close to Paleo as possible, you can definitely omit the vanilla and the grated dark chocolate. These are generally things that people allow but some purists prefer to avoid them. If you’d rather, try grating cinnamon on top for a different taste.
The next time you’re tempted to have a bowl of ice cream or stop at the local coffee shop for a frozen treat, try this instead. It’s delicious and so much healthier.
I’m the first person to admit that I don’t function without coffee. I love the convenience of my Keurig but I hate the waste of traditional k-cups and the mess of reusable filters. At Intelligent Blends, you can get eco-friendly recyclable pods! Use my referral link and save 5% on your first order!
For more fun Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Ranch Baked Zucchini Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- Tropical Strawberry Lemonade Summer Drink Recipe for Kids from Our Family World
- Mexican Tortellini Salad from Better in Bulk
- Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad from Mom Always Finds Out
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub from Upstate Ramblings
- Maple Pecan Ice Cream from LW Vogue
- Fresh Summer Melon Smoothie from How Was Your Day?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.