Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There is nothing more romantic or relaxing than slipping between sheets scented with lavender or other essential oil. I’ve purchased Lavender Linen Spray at fancy bedding stores in the past but it’s a very easy DIY spray to make yourself. Since I just ran out of the store bought version, I decided I would make my own DIY spray for a romantic Valentine’s Day with my husband.
DIY Spray | Lavender Linen Spray
Many people use vodka in their DIY spray but Marty and I do not use products with alcohol so I needed an alternative. What the alcohol in the recipe does is act as an emulsifier and help mix the essential oil and the water. Witch hazel can act as an emulsifier as well so that is what I use in this DIY spray.
- Lavender essential oil (or other romantic essential oil)
- Distilled water
- Witch Hazel
- Spray bottle
- Adjust the quantities used based on the size spray bottle you have. This works for my small spray bottle
- Add 6 tablespoons of distilled water to your bottle using a funnel.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Witch Hazel to the bottle using a funnel.
- Add about 10 drops of pure lavender essential oil.
- Screw on the top and shake carefully.
- You can get fancy and make a label for your Lavender Linen Spray if you want.
Before bed, just spray a bit of this DIY spray on your pillows, sheets or blankets. Test a small area before using if your linens are expensive. When you spray, stand back from the linens as the goal is to lightly scent the linens not to make them wet.
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Homemade Bath Salts from Momma D Jane
- Pomegranate Cherry Parfait from Upstate Rambling
- Chocolate Strawberry Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
- Glittered Wine Glasses from How Was Your Day?
- Sparkling Cider Etched Bottle with Love Printable by A Mom’s Take
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe by Our Family World
- DIY Heart Handwarmers by About A Mom
- Reeses Pieces Valentine Jar by This Mama Loves
- Valentine’s Day Wall Hanging by Better in Bulk
- Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe from My So Called Balanced Life
- Strawberry Cream Parfait for your Cubit from 2Boys + 1Girl = One Crazy Mom
- White Chocolate Valentine Hearts from Views from the Ville
- Valentine Love Letters Craft from Philzendia
- DIY Valentine’s Bath Fizzies from Simply Southern Mom
- Heart Shaped Oatmeal Dog Treats from Two Little Cavaliers
- Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Craft from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Valentine’s Class Parties from The Guavalicious Life
- Valentine’s DIY Cards from Libby’s Library
- Mini Meatloves for Valentine’s Day Dinner from Mom on the Side
You may also like:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.