Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
This lavender suitcase deodorizer is an absolute must for your next trip.
I’m not a huge fan of traveling. I do it when I have to, but I’m really much more of a homebody. I like the familiarity of home. I like the scents and sounds and comforts that I’m used to. Traveling tends to be a bit stressful for me for that reason. The suitcase deodorizer uses lavender essential oil which is known to be calming and relaxing.
Lavender Suitcase Deodorizer for Travelers
On my last trip, I made up a lavender suitcase deodorizer to pack in with my clothes for my trip to San Francisco. I use lavender essential oil at home to relax with, but I didn’t want to try to pack my bottle of essential oil in my suitcase. Instead, I used a few drops of lavender essential oil on this sachet and packed it in a pocket of my suitcase. The scent reminded me of home, kept my clothes smelling fresh and helped me relax.
- Oatmeal (not instant or quick)
- Lavender essential oils
- Muslin or fabric bag
- Ribbon or twine to tie closed
- The exact amount you need depends on how many you make and the size of the bags. I used about a tablespoon for one small sachet which is really all you need for an carry on size suitcase.
- Place the oatmeal in the bag.
- Add 1 to 2 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Work around a bit with your fingers.
- Tie closed.
- Put this in a pocket of your suitcase – not directly on your clothes in case the oils stain.
A few of these in a pretty basket with some trial size bath products would make a nice gift for the traveler in your life.
For more holiday fashion and beauty posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Lavender Suitcase Deodorizer for Travelers by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- 8 Amazing Oils for your Skin for the Holidays by Life with Lisa
- Fashion Trends for the Holiday Season by Champagne Living
- Holiday Beauty Can’t Be Rushed Time to Plan by Rajean Blomquist
Would your brand like to participate in #Thanks30? Fill out this form for more information.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.