Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I get tired of cold cereal in the mornings sometimes so I have been on the hunt for a different breakfast recipe to try. I found this breakfast recipe for Yogurt Parfaits in Tortilla Cups in the Tortillas to the Rescue Cookbook by Jessica Harlan. I love fresh fruit and Greek yogurt in the morning for breakfast and this is a nice change from having it with granola. It’s a very versatile recipe because you can use whatever type of fruit fruit is available in season in your area. You could even make it with canned fruit if you wanted to. Use dairy free yogurt & butter substitute to make this a vegetarian breakfast recipe.
Breakfast Recipe for Yogurt Parfaits in Tortilla Cups
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 medium (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- honey for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and the sugar. Brush the tortillas on both sides with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar. Stack the tortillas and microwave on high power until soft, about 15 seconds. Carefully crimp the tortillas to fit into the cups of a standard muffin pan, using your fingers to push the tortillas so that they form to the base of the pan. Bake the tortillas until they're crisp and hold their shape, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- To make the parfaits, spoon a little yogurt into the base of each tortilla cup. Sprinkle with a layer of fruit. Drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
I heated the tortillas in a pan until soft instead of using a microwave since we don't have a microwave.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.