Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
This banana blueberry muffins recipe is a family favorite. There is just something extra special about miniature desserts when you serve them to family and friends. A traditional muffin may not look impressive but turn it into a miniature dessert and it becomes a treat worthy of entertaining. It has all the delicious tastes of two of my favorite muffins desserts in one miniature dessert treat. I received a book for review. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
You may also like:
Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Not only do muffins make a nice dessert, they can be part of a healthy breakfast. With these miniature muffins, portion control is simply a matter of enjoying one and not three. Typically, today’s muffins are much larger than what we really need. Have a scrambled egg, a lean protein, and one miniature muffin and you are all set to start your day.
I found this Banana Blueberry Muffin recipe in the cookbook Petite Treats by Christy Beaver and Morgan Greenseth and reprinted with permission.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 ripe medium bananas
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh from Chile
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 mini muffin wells with paper liners or grease mini muffin tins.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the bananas on low until mashed. Increase the speed to medium. Add the egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix briefly until blueberries are evenly distributed.
- Using a 1 inch ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner to just below the brim.
- Bake until the tops are lightly browned, 20 to 22 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan or until safe to handle. Then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
If you don’t have fresh blueberries, you can use frozen blueberries that have been thawed. Make sure that you drink them well before adding them. You could also substitute chopped strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or even dried cranberries if you want to. I like adding fresh fruit rather than dried because the sugar content is lower.
Silicone muffin pan 24 cup tin – Blue Pink BPA-Free, Nonstick silicon cupcake baking pan Food Grade, Eco Muffins Mold – Dishwasher, Microwave safe muffin top cupcake tray, BONUS E-BOOK WITH 50 RECIPESChefaith 2 Pcs 6-Cup Silicone Muffin / Cupcake Baking Pan [Heart-Shaped Baking Cups] – Non-Stick, Heat Resistant (Up to 480°F) Mini Cake Baking Mold / Tray, Food Grade Reusable Bakeware, BluePetite Treats: Adorably Delicious Versions of All Your Favorites from Scones, Donuts, and Cupcakes to Brownies, Cakes, and Pies
Of course, you’ll need to have a miniature muffin pan to make these muffins. I find that the silicone muffin pans work wonderfully. The muffins don’t stick and there is no need to buy mini liners or scrub a muffin pan when you’re done baking.
If you’re looking for a dessert to serve when you have holiday guests that are a step above what you generally make, this Banana Blueberry Muffin recipe produces muffins that are not only delicious but adorable! Miniature desserts are just what you need to make your holiday entertaining a definite success. Enjoy this Banana Blueberry Muffins recipe with yogurt for a healthy snack.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.