Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Baked Eggs in Tomatoes recipe
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes, scoop out the seeds and membranes, and place in a shallow baking dish. Season the cavities with salt and pepper. Gently crack an egg into each tomato.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the eggs are set. With 2 or 3 minutes to go, sprinkle the breadcrumbs and Parmesan on top of the eggs. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
I found this recipe in The Fresh Egg Cookbook.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.