Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My Creamy Citrus Power Boost Smoothie is an antioxidant rich smoothie is more than a delicious treat, it’s a great way to give your body a boost of good nutrition. There are a lot of different antioxidants out there. Most of the time, when I hear about an antioxidant rich smoothie, it’s loaded with berries because berries are high in Anthocyanins (an antioxidant). I love berries and we eat a lot of them in the summer, but they aren’t available as often during the winter months here in Vermont. I decided to make this smoothie with Halo mandarin oranges because I can always use a boost of Vitamin C and mandarine oranges are high in both Vitamin C and Flavanoids (another antioxidant). To give it even more antioxidant power, I also added some chopped Granny Smith apple since Granny Smith apples are also high in Flavanoids. If you happen to have berries on hand, you can certainly toss in some of those as well.
How to Make an Antioxidant Rich Smoothie
This recipe is inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest. Once a month, a group of bloggers gets together to recreate a pin on Pinterest to make it our own. The original pin used peaches which are not available in my store in February. It also used a shake mix which I didn’t have on hand. Instead, I substituted Greek yogurt and omitted the almond milk and the shake mix. Then I used a Halo mandarin and some chopped apple in place of the peach and left out the honey because it’s sweet enough already from the fruit. Then I substituted frozen banana for ice and added some fresh parsley for even more antioxidants.
Make sure that you’re using a good blender or smoothie maker to make this. You’ll want something with power behind it to blend the frozen banana and the mandarin orange.
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Thumbprint Flower Pot by Upstate Ramblings
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Faux Gilded Easter Eggs by How Was Your Day?
- Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins by Food Fun Family
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Coconut Oil Fudge by Jen Around the World
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Mini Irish Flag Fruit Skewers for St. Patrick’s Day by Baby Loving Mama
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- BLT Pinwheels by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets
- Easy Homemade Handscrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 Halo mandarin orange
- 1/2 cup chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.