This is a sponsored opportunity with Foodie.com.
I thought finding Paleo recipes for Mother’s Day would be difficult. Many of the recipes I have enjoyed with my Mom for Mother’s Day aren’t suitable for the Paleo diet. We have enjoyed yummy desserts, scones with tea, quiche, French toast, etc. Since I am now following the Paleo diet, I wanted to be able to create something for Mother’s Day that both my Mom and I could enjoy.
Paleo Broccoli Quiche Recipe
This collection of Paleo recipes for Mother’s Day will definitely give you something healthy and delicious to choose from. Paleo recipes have no grains, dairy and refined sugar. Whether you and your Mom are following the Paleo diet or are just hoping to eat healthier, you’ll definitely find something you can both enjoy.
I plan on making this Paleo Broccoli Quiche recipe for Mother’s Day. Unlike many traditional quiche recipes, this Paleo Broccoli Quiche recipe does not have cheese and it is crustless. This eliminates the dairy and the grains from the recipe, making it suitable for the Paleo diet.
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- ½ pound sausage (all natural, soy free, gluten free, dairy free)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- coconut oil or olive oil
- 6 ounces of broccoli, steamed lightly
- 5 - 7 eggs (cage free/local)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sautee onion in oil until soft.
- Add sausage and cook until done.
- Grease 9" pie pan well with coconut oil.
- Whisk eggs and add salt and pepper.
- Cook broccoli until almost done.
- Add broccoli to sausage mixture with garlic and mix.
- Place broccoli/sausage into greased pie plate.
- Pour eggs over the top.
- Bake about 30 - 40 minutes or until set.
You could easily use different types of vegetables in this Paleo Broccoli Quiche Recipe. I plan on experimenting with asparagus and Fiddlehead ferns as soon as they are up here. We always have so many fresh eggs from our ducks and chickens that quiche is one of my favorite spring dishes. I use a combination of duck and chicken eggs but you can use whatever you have available to you.