Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The leaves have started to change here in Rutland County but we still have a few more weeks to go before we are at the peak of leaf season. Since the leaves change colors to the north of us first, now is the perfect time to head toward Lake Champlain, Vermont. If you’re wondering what to do around Lake Champlain, keep reading and I’ll share a few of my favorites.
You may also like:
What to do Around Lake Champlain
Lake Champlain is the largest lake in Vermont and is one of the Burlington area’s most popular spots. Burlington, Vermont is on the east shore of Lake Champlain and Plattsburgh, New York is on the west shore. Burlington is the largest city in Vermont and is one of my favorite fall destinations because there are so many things to do there. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Shelburne Museum – Shelburne Museum is museum of art, design, and Americana located in Shelburne which is only a few minutes from Lake Champlain. There are over 150,000 works of art that are exhibited in 38 exhibition buildings, 25 of which are historic and were relocated to the Museum grounds.
- Church Street Marketplace – Church Street Marketplace is located in Burlington and is an uncovered outdoor pedestrian shopping and dining mall in that is located on the four blocks of Church Street between Main and Pearl Streets.
- Lake Champlain Marina – Whether you want to admire the boats on the lake or take a day cruise, you’ll find it all on Lake Champlain. The Lake Champlain Marina is in Mallets Bay, Colchester Vermont but you can enjoy the lake itself from many places.
Fodor’s Maine, Vermont & New Hampshire: with the Best Fall Foliage Drives & Scenic Road Trips (Full-color Travel Guide)Moon Vermont (Moon Handbooks)Scenic Driving Vermont: Exploring the State’s Most Spectacular Byways and Back RoadsVermont Off the Beaten Path®: A Guide To Unique Places (Off the Beaten Path Series)
- The Old Mill – The Old Mill is located in Jericho, Vermont and is the home of the Snowflake Bentley Museum. Snowflake Bentley is the man who discovered (under a microscope) that no two snowflakes were alike.
Of course, part of the beauty of Vermont is the countryside so one of our favorite things to do is to simply drive and enjoy the leaves. Look for one of the many farms, forests, or covered bridges and enjoy a few quiet minutes getting back to nature.
For more travel posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Things to do Around Lake Champlain Vermont by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Buck Valley Ranch in Pennsylvania by Tools 2 Tiaras
- Pumpkin Lovers Unite at Pumpkins on the Point by Controlled Confusion
- Halloween Horror Nights 25 Unmasking the Horror by Life with Lisa
- Fall Cruising by Champagne Living
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.