Last Updated on January 31, 2023 by Ellen Christian
This Fluffy Berry Mousse Recipe is perfect for any occasion where you want a naturally pink dessert. It’s one of my favorite healthy Valentine desserts.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fluffy Berry Mousse Recipe
Because this dessert calls for fresh berries, it’s a great option for summer. We love berry picking at our local pick your own berry farm. I always make sure to keep some on hand to use in this dessert. But, you can definitely use berries from the store to enjoy it all year long.
There are a few different ways you can prepare this recipe depending on how much time you have and how low carb you want it to be. My husband loves sweets so when I make this for him, I do a brownie or chocolate cake for the first layer.
Then, I make whipped cream or whipped cream/cheese mix for the second layer and this fluffy berry mousse recipe for the top layer. When it’s just me, I create just the berry mousse and eat it out of a bowl with some fresh berries to dip.
The three-layer dessert recipe makes a gorgeous presentation for family holidays. But, it’s much less friendly on my waistline. You can make the whole three layers or simply the berry mousse on top.
Don’t worry, if you don’t have fresh strawberries, you can easily do this with raspberries. If you don’t want your berry mousse to be pink, you can try blueberries or blackberries and opt for purple instead.
This recipe calls for canned cranberry sauce but when I have extra time, I always make my homemade cranberry sauce instead. It just tastes so much better.
This is such a pretty dessert that I really recommend displaying it on a cake stand if you make all three layers. You may be tempted to save time and use frozen topping for the second layer, but please make real whipped cream from heavy whipping cream.
I make it all the time with my electric beater and it tastes absolutely amazing.
Fluffy Berry Mousse Recipe with Fresh Strawberries
This Fluffy Berry Mousse Recipe is perfect for any occasion where you want a naturally pink dessert. It's one of my favorite healthy Valentine desserts.
- 1/2 8 ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup Cranberry Naturals Cranberry Raspberry juice
- 1 16 ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 recipe Sweetened Berries
For the Sweetened Berries:
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
For the triple layers
- 1 package of chocolate cake or brownies prepared
- 3 cups of real whipped cream or a whipped cream/cream cheese mix
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add Cranberry Naturals juice, beating until very smooth.
- In a small bowl, stir the whole cranberry sauce to remove any large lumps. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold half of the cranberry sauce and half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Fold in the remaining cranberry sauce and whipped cream.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. To serve, spoon the mousse into serving bowls and top with sweetened berries.
- Or serve the berry mousse over a layer of chocolate cake or brownies and a layer of frozen whipped topping. Decorate with more berries.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 4g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.
7 thoughts on “Fluffy Berry Mousse Recipe”