Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on July 23, 2019 by Ellen Christian
The best snacks for weight loss are definitely not the holiday treats I’ve been enjoying the past few weeks. With the holidays almost over, it’s time for me to get back to my healthy eating habits. With no more shopping, wrapping, or decorating, I need to start finding time in my busy schedule for healthy eating and a regular pattern of exercise.
The Best Snacks for Weight Loss
One of the things that I struggle with the most is finding the best snacks for weight loss when I’m not at home. I recently took an office job which means that I need snacks that are portable and easy to pack. I don’t want to need to worry about heating something up, keeping something in the freezer or refrigerator, or eating something messy. When I’m at home, I opt for something like a yogurt parfait.
Clean snacks for weight loss
Clean eating typically refers to foods that are not processed. That means you’ll want to find snacks that are as close as possible to their natural state. A few examples of clean snacks for weight loss include things like fresh fruit, unsalted nuts, and sliced vegetables. But, don’t forget things like hard-boiled eggs, hummus or air-popped popcorn. Or, try a Paleo cracker spread with nut butter and sliced strawberries.
Healthy snacks list
Here are a few of my favorite snacks when trying to watch my weight or lose a few pounds.
- Fresh fruit – Don’t stick to just apples and bananas. Treat yourself to berries, oranges, grapefruit, kiwi, melon, pears, cherries, and peaches.
- Fresh vegetables – Carrot and celery sticks are old standbys but you can also snack on fresh green beans, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, and radishes.
- Low fat or nonfat yogurt – With all the different flavors, I never get tired of this. Peach and vanilla are my favorites.
- Hard boiled egg – High in protein, essential fats, and vitamins, this a great choice.
- Hummus – When you’re in the mood for a dip, dip carrot sticks in hummus for a delicious snack. These single serving hummus packs are a perfect choice.
- Air popped popcorn – My weakness when it comes to snacking is chips but being able to snack on air-popped popcorn gives me the crunch I crave without the calories. Popcorn, string cheese, and an orange make a great snack that will help you make it through to the next meal.
Healthy snacks for weight loss at night
Ideally, you should not be snacking at night because your body won’t have time to burn off the calories before you go to bed. But, we all know that it’s nice to have something to snack on at night when you watch television. I head to my list of Paleo-approved snacks when I just have to have something to snack on at night. Remember to keep it light and minimally processed.
Healthy snack ideas
There are lots of healthy snack ideas you can prepare that will help you stay on track with your diet goals. I love making my citrus power bowl when I want something healthy to nibble on. But, the chocolate almond smoothie bowl from Turning the Clock Back sounds amazing as well.
There are lots of easy diet snacks out there. The key is to be sure you are not overindulging when you do snack. Look for snacks that contain healthy ingredients that you can pronounce and then eat them in moderation. Check out a few healthy snacks for school the kids will love. Learn more about overcoming a weight loss slump. Check out my Food Lovers Diet review.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.