Last Updated on February 1, 2022 by Ellen Christian
This Tart Lemon Bread recipe is one that I have been making for years. Make this easy lemon bread recipe for your family today.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Or, this Irish Soda Bread is a slightly different type of bread recipe.
Easy Lemon Bread Recipe
I’m not a huge fan of super sweet desserts. Sometimes I want a treat with my evening cup of tea but I don’t want something overly sweet.
This Tart Lemon Bread recipe is the perfect solution for times like that. The tartness of the lemons really shines through but it is tempered with a bit of sweetness too.
Because this Tart Lemon Bread is so moist, you can easily make it the day before you want to serve it and wrap it in tin foil until company arrives.
I love it when I can make recipes ahead of time to save on last-minute preparation.
What is the best oil to use in this recipe?
Pompeian Grapeseed Oil has a light flavor that comes from delicate wine grapes that reduce the absorption and preserve the natural flavors of food.
It’s perfect for stir-frying, sauteing, grilling, or baking. Pompeian Grapeseed Oil comes as an all-natural cooking spray.
It is eco-friendly and has no CFCs, no additives, no propellants, 0g of trans fat, no cholesterol, no preservatives, and is naturally gluten-free. The ingredients are only 100% grapeseed oil!
What you need to make this easy lemon bread recipe
- Loaf Pan – I prefer silicone pans because nothing sticks to them. But, you can use a traditional metal loaf pan. Just be sure that you spray it with oil to prevent sticking.
- Lemon Juicer – Using fresh lemon juice is the key to the amazing taste this bread has. You’ll need a lemon reamer or juicer.
Easy lemon cupcake recipe
To make this Tart Lemon Bread Recipe as muffins or cupcakes instead, just decrease the baking time to 20-30 minutes. Check for doneness at 20 minutes and cook longer if necessary.
I find that using silicone muffin cups is a huge time saver. The muffins or cupcakes just pop right out with no sticking even if they are still warm.
You can shake confectioners sugar over the top or top with a cream cheese frosting.
This really is an easy lemon loaf cake recipe that will impress your guests. You can serve the lemon bread with glaze or dusted with confectioners sugar if you prefer.
How should I store this?
I wrap this in tin foil and store it in the refrigerator. You can keep it for 3 to 5 days this way. To store it for a longer time, wrap individual slices in tin foil, place them in a freezer bag, and put them in the freezer for up to a month.
When you want a slice, just let it thaw at room temperature for a few minutes and enjoy. You can add extra confectioner’s sugar if you like.
More lemon recipes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- juice from one lemon (make sure no seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in eggs, evaporated milk, and olive oil.
- Stir until mixed.
- Spray an 8x4 bread pan with Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil Spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 60 minutes and test by inserting a knife into the center. If it comes out clean, it's done.
- minutes before it's done, heat sugar and lemon juice in a heavy-duty pan. Cook over medium-low, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and it is a light syrup.
- Using the knife, poke holes in the top of the bread while it's still hot.
- Pour the syrup over the top of the bread. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the sides and remove from the pan.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap in tin foil until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.