Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You’re going to love my Lemon Maple Zucchini Bread! Is anyone else overwhelmed with zucchini but me? We only planted ONE zucchini plant so that this wouldn’t happen. But, it’s gone crazy. And, then the neighbor brought over a bag of zucchini and summer squash because she had too much. And, I just couldn’t say no. So, now I have a dozen or more zucchini to deal with. Since no one but me actually LIKES zucchini, I need to bake with it. Or, toss it in the compost pile which would be a waste of perfectly good food.
You may also like:
- Grain Free Pumpkin Nut Bread
- Cranberry Almond Eggnog Bread
- Tart Lemon Bread
- Where does syrup come from
- How to make bananas last longer
Lemon Maple Zucchini Bread
For me, quick bread like this one is a dessert or a very occasional treat at breakfast time. I don’t like it super sweet so I avoid adding too much sugar or topping it with a glaze or cream cheese frosting. If your family is more of a fan of sweet desserts, you can certainly do that as well. Homemade cream cheese topping is one of my weaknesses.
PLEASE use real Vermont maple syrup. If you aren’t near Vermont or cannot get Vermont maple syrup, please buy 100% real maple syrup at the store not that fake stuff. The real taste of maple is one makes this Lemon Maple Zucchini Bread stand out from all the rest.
Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Kitchen Accessory, Great Christmas Gift. Make Zucchini Noodles that Kids Love, Sharp Stainless Steel Blades, Cool Kitchen Gadget, FREE Healthy Recipe Book (Yellow)Kuhn Rikon 27415 Easy Cut Multi-Purpose Hand-Powered Food Processor, Black/GreenZucchini: One vegetable, 30 dishes
5 based on 3 review(s)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pure Vermont maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour (or 2 1/2 cups gluten free baking mix)
- 1 tablespoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Beat eggs for two minutes. Gradually add maple syrup, oil, vanilla and lemon zest. Stir in zucchini.
- Combine the flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Then stir in the zucchini mixture. Blend just until smooth. Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
If you need to make this recipe gluten-free, you can use a gluten free baking mix. I highly recommend this gluten free flour because it’s an exact one to one replacement. That means you don’t need to worry about conversion which can be tricky in gluten free baking.
This is one of my favorite quick bread recipes, and I regularly give it as a gift near the holidays. You can wrap this quick bread once it’s cool and free it until the holidays are closer. When I’m ready to give it as a gift, I like to use these gift bags with ties because it looks so much nicer than the messy plastic wrap. If you plan on giving the loaf right away, you can bake it in these paper loaf pans and give it that way.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.