Sofrito Rice - Gluten Free Caribbean Recipe
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper and/or chile or aji pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup NAKANO Natural Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- Heat oil in 10 to 12 inch skillet.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic and salt.
- Saute over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in rice vinegar.
- Cook 2-3 minutes more until vinegar is absorbed
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, cilantro and thyme.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until iiquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir and serve.