Last Updated on March 30, 2021 by Ellen Christian
Slow cooker dessert recipes are perfect for busy days. Just add the ingredients to your crockpot and forget about them until dinner time.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love Crockpot dessert recipes because I can start them earlier in the day and then forget about them. Dinner time is hectic enough without also worrying about getting a dessert on the table.
Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes
While I don’t serve dessert with every meal, I do a few times a week. Using slow cooker dessert recipes means that I can focus on dinner when it’s dinner time.
Of course, if you want to serve a slow cooker dinner and a slow cooker dessert, you’ll need to invest in another slow cooker.
There are a lot of different types of slow cooker dessert recipes out there from cakes to fruit desserts. We generally save cakes and super sweet desserts for special occasions like holidays and birthdays.
For regular dinnertime desserts, we look for souffle, crisps, and other fruit-based desserts. One of my favorites is my Paleo apple butter recipe that I make when we go apple picking.
My Crockpot flan recipe is another favorite but it’s a bit more labor-intensive.
What you need for these slow cooker dessert recipes
Smaller slow cooker – While you may have a huge 6-quart slow cooker to make dinner for your family, you may find that a 4-quart slow cooker is a better option for desserts. For couples, this 2-quart slow cooker is ideal.
Slow cooker liner – You can use the disposable slow cooker liners, but I always worry about them when I cook, plus you throw them away each time. This slow cooker liner is BPA free and it’s reusable.
Can you bake in a slow cooker?
Yes, you definitely can. I recommend a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker if you want to try baking. The round style is best for this type of slow cooker dessert recipe. That way you can use a round cake pan.
Here are a few other slow cooker dessert recipes to get you started. I’ve always wanted to try a slow cooker dump cake so that’s what I’ll be trying next.
Fruit slow cooker recipes
- Crockpot caramel apple crumble
- Baked apples in the slow cooker
- Slow cooker fried apples
- Crockpot apple cobbler
- Slow cooker berry cobbler
- Slow cooker apple crisp
- Cherry crisp in the slow cooker
Easy slow cooker recipes
Here are a few crockpot dessert recipes you can get started with easily.
- Slow cooker brownie pudding
- Crockpot pecan pie
- Slow cooker hot chocolate
- Slow cooker cream cheese brownies
- Rice pudding in the slow cooker
- Slow cooker pumpkin bread
- Slow cooker sticky toffee pudding
- Gluten-free slow cooker pumpkin pudding
- Slow cooker brown sugar crustless pie
- Easy slow cooker cinnamon pecans
- Crockpot orange rolls
- Slow cooker salted caramel rice pudding
- Crockpot pumpkin white chocolate lava cake
Slow cooker cake recipes
Did you know that you can make cake in the slow cooker? Yes, you can. Why not try a few of these slow cooker dessert recipes.
- Crockpot Cinnamon spice cake
- Slow cooker pineapple upside-down cake
- Crockpot chocolate lava cake
- Slow cooker chocolate fudge cake
- Crockpot glazed coffee cake
- Slow cooker cherry dump cake
- Slow cooker pineapple coconut spoon cake
- Easy slow cooker cheesecake
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.