Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been working on a Paleo chicken soup recipe – slow cooker style – since the last thing I want to do when I’m not feeling great is to spend tons of time in the kitchen. It seems as though sickness has invaded our home. We are all sniffling, sneezing, coughing or otherwise not feeling that fantastic. I really like home remedies for when we aren’t feeling well. A sore throat gets tea with lemon and honey. A cold gets chicken noodle soup – or it used to. Since Sarah is gluten intolerant, noodles aren’t a good choice unless they are gluten free. Since I’m following the Paleo diet, even gluten free noodles and rice are out of the picture. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
You may also like:
Paleo Chicken Soup Recipe Slow Cooker
I try very hard to buy local, organic foods to use when I cook. I like supporting our local economy and I like knowing that the foods we eat really are safe to eat. That said, I cannot always find everything I want local or organic. Vermont has a very short growing season and limited options for organic food. When I cannot buy local organic, I choose organic. If I cannot find local or organic, I try to find all natural, scrub the heavens out of it or substitute another ingredient. Do the best you can with the options you have.
I really like crackers with my soup. But, traditional crackers don’t work with the Paleo diet. Thankfully there are Paleo crackers that do. These crackers are Paleo friendly and really good!
Paleo Thin USDA Organic Crackers (Low Carb -Gluten Free) (Value Pack 2 Boxes) (Value Pack)Paleo Perfected: A Revolution in Eating Well with 150 Kitchen-Tested RecipesPaleo & Primal Thin Crackers (Variety 2 Pack) (Organic, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Grain Free)
- 3 lbs of chicken parts, local free range when possible
- 3 quarts of water
- 4 stalks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 1/2 tsp of minced garlic (you can use more if you are stuffed up)
- handful or fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup of pearl onions (I used frozen)
- thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper to taste
- Remove the skin from the chicken.
- Put the water in the slow cooker. Add all the ingredients except thyme and rosemary.
- Cook on low about 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the chicken, carrots, celery, and onions.
- Remove the meat from the chicken and discard the bones.
- Put everything back into the slow cooker. Add the thyme and rosemary.
- Heat on high for 30 minutes.
- Toss the spinach in and heat until it wilts slightly.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.