Last Updated on July 4, 2023 by Ellen Christian
This manicure oil will help soothe and repair your cuticles and relax your mind as part of a nail pampering routine. Try this self-care ritual today.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nail Pampering DIY
Moms don’t get a lot of pampering time most days, at least I don’t. I generally spend most of my time working or running around taking care of everyone else. I’ve decided that for my mental health and overall stress level, I need to start setting aside a few minutes each day just for me.
That may mean reading a book or playing a video game. Or, it may mean indulging myself a little bit with this nail pampering DIY.
Brushing on a few coats of nail polish once or twice a week is nice but sometimes your nails and hands just need a little bit of attention to look their best. This nail pampering DIY is very easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients.
You can use it any time of the day but it’s ideal to use right before bed. Just apply and put on white gloves so you don’t stain the sheets.
- 3 drops of lemon or orange essential oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax pellets
- 3 tbsp almond or other carrier oil (like olive or jojoba oil)
- Heat the beeswax pellets in a small bowl over hot water.
- When it is melted, remove from heat and stir in the essential oil until it is well blended.
- Add the carrier oil a little at a time, reheating the beeswax if necessary. Stir.
- Apply the wax to fingers each night, paying particular attention to your cuticles.
- Be certain to wear cotton gloves to bed. In the morning, wash off any remaining.
You may also like:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.