Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you know that in cats, the calico and tortoiseshell coats are sex-linked traits? All cats displaying these coats are female or occasionally sterile males.
Our older cat, Colors, is a tortoiseshell cat. As she gets older, she becomes less active so I have been doing a bit of research to find out how to get your older cat to play. She has also begun to lose weight and our vet told us to give her a few cat treats each day.
How to Get Your Older Cat to Play
Cats can be stubborn so getting your cat to do something they don’t want to do is definitely a challenge. Encouraging your older cat to play serves several purposes. It keeps your cat fit, helps with stress and keeps them entertained.
- Keep your cats’ interest by offering them a variety of different toys. If they lose their interest in one, replace it with a different one.
- Toys that move will attract their attention and stimulate their hunting instinct.
- Stimulate their brains by offering them a toy ball that offers a treat when it is manipulated like the Wobbert above.
- Unlike dogs, older cats don’t initiate play. You need to take the first step.
- Know when to stop. An older cat may not play as long as they used to. If they lose interest, stop and try another day.
- Reward them with a treat. After your play session is over, reward them with attention and a treat for their interest. They’ll associate playing with treats which will keep them active.
As the holiday season approaches, so does the gift planning. It doesn’t matter if your cat has been naughty or nice, you still want surprise he/she with the best gift! Friskies Pull ’n Play Combo Pack is the ultimate gift for your cat, as it has three gifts in one! Your furry friend will love the combination of tender edible strings with a Wobbert – the wobbly cat toy, who also dispenses Friskies Party Mix treats!
Pull ’n Play puts treat time and play time together. It’s the whole new way to treat and play! The Friskies Pull n Play are the first ever edible string treat that can be used in Wobbert or as a treat alone. These edible string treats come in 3 flavors:
- Chicken & Cheese Flavor
- Salmon & Shrimp Flavor
- Tuna & Crab Flavor
When your cat bats at Wobbert, Party Mix treats fall out. Let the good times wobble! Go to friskies.com/PullNPlay for a list of online retailers (Target, Walmart, Amazon, Kmart, Chewy, Petsmart). Friskies Pull ’n Play Combo Pack is the ultimate Christmas gift for every cat on your list!
There is also a Friskies Pull n Play Online Game for Cats! The Friskies pull n Play online game is a tablet-based game for cats. It was developed as a digital extension of the real Pull n Play product to continue underscoring the importance of cat play and promoting this new product in a unique way. The game can be played on any tablet devices using the Safar or Chrome browser and is the next best thing to the real Pull n Play wobbly treating toy, “Wobbert.”
Two of my readers will win a Friskies Kit that contains Wobbert (toy), Party Mix, Edible Strings and Collar. To enter, leave me a comment below:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.