Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cannolis are the one dessert I remember most fondly from my childhood. There was a little Italian bakery downtown that my mom and I would visit occasionally to buy cannolis. They were always a major treat because it wasn’t something that my mom ever made at home. I had no idea that I could make my own cannolis at home but I recently received a PizzellePro and have learned I can make my own!
First you need to make the cannoli shells which you can do with the PizzellePro. See my PizzellePro review to see how it works.
- 8 ounces Ricotta cheese (low moisture)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- You must use low moisture ricotta or if you cannot find low moisture ricotta, you must drain all the moisture out of the ricotta or your cannolis will look like the below picture and not the above picture.
- Mix all the ingredients together gently.
- Fill the cannoli shells using a pastry bag.
- Sprinkle extra mini chocolate chips (or sprinkles) on top of the filled cannolis.
My store did not have low moisture ricotta. Even after draining the ricotta, the cannnoli filling did not set up as well as I would have liked. I am going to keep searching for low moisture ricotta and try again with that. Either way, these are super amazingly delicious!
Now you know how to make your own cannolis! Just remember to drain the ricotta or they will look like this:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.