Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever wondered how to make a trifle? The holidays will be here soon and that means special desserts. I generally don’t eat dessert for the most part but with all of the entertaining around Thanksgiving and Christmas, I allow myself a few here and there. I try to keep the desserts I make lower in sugar since Marty is diabetic. This Italian Christmas Trifle Recipe uses less sugar than normal because Monk Fruit in the Raw replaces part of the sugar. I really love the taste of Monkfruit in the Raw and I love knowing that it’s a healthier choice for Marty to enjoy. He cannot taste the difference at all and I feel so much better about serving it.
You may also like:
How to Make a Trifle | Italian Christmas Trifle
A trifle is an English dessert that is typically made with sponge cake, a thick custard, jelly and whipped cream. I’ve lightened up this trifle a bit to make it a healthier holiday dessert. Learning how to make a trifle is very simple but the final result will certainly impress your guests.
I created this Italian Christmas Trifle in individual glasses. If you have a trifle bowl, you can serve the trifle in that as well. It’s easier for me to fit individual glasses in my small refrigerator than a trifle bowl.
Anchor Hocking Monaco Trifle BowlTrifles: Trifle Recipes – The Very Best Trifle Cookbook (trifle recipes, trifle cookbook, trifle cook book, trifle recipe, trifle recipe book)Christmas,serving bowl,gingerbread,trifle bowl,trifle bowls,dessert bowls,serveware
I found the original trifle recipe on the Monk Fruit in the Raw site and changed it up a bit to fit our preferences. You can substitute a gluten free cookie for the Biscoff Cookies if you’re gluten intolerant. Use whatever kind of fresh or frozen fruit you have on hand. Organic is best. If you enjoy trifles, check out my strawberry brownie trifle recipe.
Or, you might want to check out one of my favorite maraschino cherry recipes and make a cherry almond brunch bread.
Learn how to make homamde whipped cream:
- 6 ounces of Biscoff Cookies (portion of an 8.8 oz package)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 (15 oz) container of ricotta cheese
- 4 packets of Monkfruit in the Raw
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Fresh or frozen fruit of your choice
- 1 cup Stonyfield Farms full fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- In a food processor, process the cookies until they are crumbs. Remove them from the food processor.
- In a food processor, process 1/3 cup of the slivered almonds until they are chopped coarsely.
- Mix the cookie crumbs, chopped nuts and orange juice.
- In a clean food processor bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, Monk Fruit In The Raw and lemon zest until smooth and creamy. Fold in the yogurt just to blend.
- Layer in individual glasses crumbs, cheese mixture, crumbs, fruit, cheese mixture, almonds.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set. Serve
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.