Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out how to make a Mothers Day card with celery! Mother’s Day will be here before you know it and I still need to make cards. I keep meaning to run to the craft store for a few more rubber stamps – because I don’t have one that inspires me to make a card.
How To Make A Mothers Day Card With Celery (Really!)
As I was searching through my rubber stamp tub, I realized that I have quite a few rubber stamps that I’ve purchased and only used once. There are even some that I’ve purchased and never used at all. The craft book, Stamp It! by Jenny Doh inspired me to be more creative in using handmade stamps instead of buying new ones. So, that’s why I decided to make this Mother’s Day card.
So, this card is easy enough for younger kids to make. However, leave the cutting and knife work for an adult because that can be tricky. You can compost the celery when you’re done. Just don’t eat it, please.
- Blank note card and matching envelope
- Three different colors of acrylic paint – pink, yellow, green
- Paper plate or paint palette
- Bunch of celery
Instructions to make a Mother’s Day card with celery
- First, put a small circle of paint for each color on the paper plate or paint palette. You can use any colors you like. I chose pink and yellow.
- Peel off one outer stalk of celery
- Leave the other stalks together because you’ll need them for the leaves.
- With a very sharp knife, cut off the leaves at the end of the stalk. As I mentioned, ask an adult to help with this step.
- Cut the one single stalk of celery into two pieces. You’ll use these to make your Mother’s Day card.
- Next, dip the end of the bunch of celery into the pink paint to make one large flower.
- Using one half of the single stalk, dip it into the green and use it to make two sets of leaves as shown.
- Using the other half of the single stalk, dip it into the yellow and use it to make a center to the flower.
- Finally, let the card dry and you are all set. You can write Happy Mother’s Day on the inside. Or, just write Mom a note inside the Mother’s Day card.
Easy craft ideas for Mother’s Day
So, check out my video that explains how to make a Mother’s Day card with celery. And, watch the whole process. Or, if you’re looking for more crafty ideas for Mother’s Day, you might want to make one of these easy Mason jar gift ideas or make this peppermint body scrub. Finally, don’t forget to make a decorative gift bag for your gift because that’s fun too.
So, now that you know how to make a Mother’s Day card with celery, I hope you’ll give it a try. Or, if you want more ideas, this post by The Best Ideas for Kids about rubber stamping with potatoes is pretty cool. You could probably find other vegetables or fruits that would work as well. Or, try an apple or pear.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.