Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade teacher gifts are the perfect way to thank that special teacher at the end of the school year. Our school year ends in the beginning of June here in Vermont. Now is the time that everyone is searching for that perfect gift for their child’s teacher on that special Teacher’s Day. I received a book for this post. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
You may also like:
- Teacher survival kit
- Peanut butter fudge recipe
- Easy DIY Mason jar gifts
- Non candy Valentine’s Day teacher gifts
Homemade Teacher Gifts – Apple Wreath
I love making homemade teacher gifts instead of heading to the store to purchase a gift. It lets me be creative and you can even involve your child in creating the gift depending on their age and the craft. I was inspired by a Heart Shaped Mother’s Day Apple Wreath craft in An Apple A Day by Karen Berman and Melissa Petitto to create this Apple Wreath.
- Grape vine wreath. My store did not have heart shaped wreaths so I chose a standard circle.
- Plastic apples
- Artificial flowers
- Artificial leaves
- Florist wire
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks or sticky glue
- Wire cutters. You may need wire cutters depending on the type of flowers and vines that you use.
- Wrap the artificial leaves around the wreath randomly.
- Arrange the artificial apples and flowers in a pattern you like. I played with this section for quite a while until I got something I thought looked right.
- Use the florist wire to secure the artificial flowers and leaves to the wreath when necessary.
- Using the hot glue gun or sticky glue, attach the artificial apples to the wreath.
- Let everything dry completely.
- Trim off any stems from the flowers on the back end of the wreath.
There are a lot of other cute things you can do to this apple wreath to customize it. You can add a pretty bow. You can hot glue gun on things like mini chalkboards or little, painted school houses. Then, you can make a plaque, paint it and attach it to the front of the wreath. That would be a great place to paint Thank you or Teacher to customize it. You could even add their name to the plaque.
What type of homemade teacher gifts will you be making this year? What are your creative end of the year teacher gifts? If you’re looking for a Christmas gift, why not try this Christmas survival gift basket.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.