Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out these delicious low carb appetizer recipes! Healthy holiday eating doesn’t have to be difficult. I know that this is the time of year that I really struggle with keeping the weight off.
Healthy Holiday Eating
The cookies and other high carb holiday treats seem to call to me no matter how much willpower I have. While I certainly don’t expect anyone not to sample the Christmas cookies, I try very hard to have one or two cookies instead of eight or ten cookies.
I find that the easiest way to keep away from too many Christmas treats is to make sure that I make some low carb appetizer recipes that I can enjoy instead. I always try to have on hand a few simple things for people to snack on. Check out a few of these healthy holiday tips.
Plates of fresh-cut veggies are the perfect option to offer for healthy holiday eating. Select a green and red selection of vegetables like broccoli, celery, cherry tomatoes, red and green peppers, etc. to keep the Christmas color theme.
Set out a bowl with chunks of watermelon and honeydew melon. Let people fill cups with the red and green melon to snack on as they like. I use a melon baller for uniform circles. Or, try using a watermelon as a fruit bowl and filling up with your favorite fruits.
Healthy recipes for a holiday party
Salsa and chunks of low-fat cheese make a great snack. Choose low-fat Cheddar, Colby, or Monterey Jack cheeses. The key with salsa is to avoid the chips.
Best healthy appetizers for a party
Mixed nuts offer a low carb option for healthy holiday eating. Choose almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, chestnuts, pistachios and walnuts for low-fat options. Remember to avoid honey-roasted nuts to keep the carbs down. And, if you’re watching your sodium, be sure to choose unsalted nuts. These savory spiced pecans are one of my favorites.
There are many low carb appetizer recipes but this is one of my favorites for healthy holiday eating. By choosing low-fat blue cheese, fat-free cream cheese, and nonfat yogurt, you keep the fat content down as well as the carbs.
How can I eat healthy during the holidays?
As you prepare for the holidays, don’t forget about healthy holiday eating. Low carb appetizer recipes can be the difference between your jeans being too tight in the New Year or not. Enjoy one or two Christmas cookies and a glass of eggnog but don’t forget about making healthy holiday eating choices as well.
Concentrating on mindful holiday eating during the holidays can make all of the difference. Don’t graze as you’re cooking or while you’re at the party. Instead, limit yourself to eating what you put on your plate and be careful when you make your choices.
Not only is this recipe healthy, but it’s also gluten-free. For another gluten-free holiday recipe, try my Raspberries and Clementines Romanoff with Creme Fraiche or my Mango Shrimp Ceviche.
Low carb cold appetizers
- Keto & Paleo Hard Boiled Eggs by Everything Seasoning
- Cheese Ham & Olive Bites by My Kitchen Love
- Cucumber Feta Rolls by Good Life Eats
- Greek Pico de Gallo by Good Life Eats
- Cucumber Bites by Veggie Inspired
- Collard Green Sushi Rolls by Tastefulventure
- Ahi Tuna Poke by Diabetes Strong
- Low Carb Caesar Salad with Chicken by My PCOS Kitchen
- Easy Layered Greek Dip by Joy Food Sunshine
Low carb hot appetizers
- Bacon Cream Cheese Dip by Recipes from a Pantry
- Spicy Fish Fritters by Divalicious Recipes
- Low Carb Zuppa Toscana by My PCOS Kitchen
- Hot Caprese Dip by The Rising Spoon
Low carb finger foods
There is just something so tempting about a plate of finger foods. So, why not make them low carb so your guests can really enjoy them. Here are just a few to get you started.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings by Recipes from a Pantry
- Eggplant Chips with Avocado & Lime Dip by Divalicious Recipes
- Grain-Free Fried Cheese Curds by All the Nourishing Things
- Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers by Northernnester
- Keto Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers by The Savvy Mama Lifestyle
- Mushrooms Stuffed with Avocado Cream by Hearth & Vine
- Paleo Potstickers by My PCOS Kitchen
- Low Carb Nacho Chips by Northernnester
- Keto Veggie Pizza by Northernnester
- 3 dried apricots
- 3 dried figs
- 1/3 cup chopped Diamond walnuts
- 1 1/2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp fat free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup non fat plain yogurt
- 6 stalks of celery
- Chop the apricots, figs, and walnuts into fine pieces.
- Mix the blue cheese, cream cheese, and yogurt until smooth.
- Add the dried fruits and nuts and mix well.
- Refrigerate until right before serving.
- Sllice the celery stalks into 4" stalks and fill with the spread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.