Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You are going to love this biscuit cheese stick recipe! It’s one of our favorite recipes to serve with chicken and pork. I get so tired of always serving plain biscuits that I wanted something a little bit different. I shared this recipe years ago and am updating the post and sharing it again today in case you missed it the first time.
Biscuit Cheese Stick Recipe
This cheddar cheese sticks recipe is made with the same dough your traditional biscuits are made with. But, instead of making biscuits, you slice it into cheese sticks. You can eat the cheese sticks as is or you can dip them into a marinara sauce or cheese sauce the way my husband does.
One of the reasons that I love this baked cheese sticks recipe is that it’s not deep fried like some cheese sticks are. Deep frying just adds far too much added fat to a recipe to make it something I want to eat regularly. If you want something a little different, you can try my cheese puffs recipe I use to make these pizza puffs.
How do you make cheese dippers?
Now, if you’re looking for a recipe for cheese dippers, you’re probably looking for traditional cheese sticks. You can try the mozzarella sticks recipe I created when I was trying to figure out how to make mozzarella sticks with less oil. We use a De’Longhi Multi-fryer and it couldn’t be easier.
How do you make the best cheese sticks?
I really love these biscuit cheese sticks with half all-purpose flour and half whole-wheat flour. It does make for a slightly denser cheese stick. So, if you want something that is lighter, you can certainly adjust the amount of whole-wheat flour you use.
Recipes made with biscuits
Making biscuits is one of the first things I learned to do when I learned how to cook. We almost never buy refrigerated biscuits because it’s so easy to make your own. If you do use refrigerated biscuits, they won’t work with my biscuit cheese stick recipe. But, here are some recipes made with biscuits that may.
If you do make your own biscuit dough, just substitute uncooked homemade biscuits or yeast rolls for the refrigerated biscuits.
- Pull Apart Garlic Rolls by Accidental Happy Baker
- Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits by KitchMe
- Savory Monkey Bread by Good Dinner Mom
- Calzones by The First Year Blog
- Taco Biscuit Cups by The Seasoned Mom
- Cheddar Garlic Biscuits by Two Kids and a Coupon
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Buttermilk Biscuit Crumbles by The Forked Spoon
- Cheesy Biscuit Pizza Rolls by Cook Eat Go
What desserts can you make with biscuits?
- Blackberry Monkey Bread by Accidental Happy Baker
- Easy Cherry Danish by Hip 2 Save
- Grandma’s Blackberry Cobbler by Home Made Interest
- Homemade Maple Bars by Rumbly in my Tumbly
- Monkey Bread Muffins by Tip Buzz
- Air Fryer Donuts by Recipes from a Pantry
- Instant Pot Monkey Crack Bread by Monday is Meatloaf
How do you make cinnamon rolls with biscuits?
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole by Basil and Bubbly
- Air Fry Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes by Tater Tots and Jello
- Crockpot cinnamon rolls by Cook Eat Go
There are all sorts of recipes using leftover biscuits but we usually use ours to top a chicken pot pie or a fruit cobbler of some sort. Did you know that if you have leftover refrigerated canned biscuits you can freeze them? Yep, you can. Either freeze the whole can and then let it defrost. Or, freeze the whole can and then pry the individual biscuits apart that you want to use.
And, you can also freeze traditional biscuit dough. Just make the biscuits and place them on a cookie sheet. Cover them lightly with plastic wrap and freeze until solid. Then, transfer the frozen biscuits to a freezer bag and use them as you need them. This is a great time-saving hack when you have to work late. Check out this easy air fryer flaky buttermilk biscuit recipe from Recipe This or these old fashioned southern style biscuits by This Old Girl.
If you’re looking for something different for dinner, I hope you will try this easy biscuit cheese stick recipe.
You are going to love this biscuit cheese stick recipe! It's one of our favorite recipes to serve with chicken and pork.
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, cut into chunks
- 3/4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. milk
- Mix both flours, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix in butter until the texture of coarse cornmeal. Stir in cheese. Add milk and stir with fork until evenly moistened. Scrape dough onto lightly floured board and knead, 8-10 turns.
- Form into a ball and set on a greased baking sheet. Press into an 8 inch round. Cut round into 1 inch wide strips. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm, cutting sticks apart at lines.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.