Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The kids and I love hummus but they’re under the mistaken impression that you cannot enjoy hummus without chips. In an effort to prove them wrong, I’ve decided to share the best healthy foods to enjoy with hummus to show them that there are other options. This post has been sponsored but the story is my own.
5 Best Healthy Foods to Enjoy With Hummus
Hummus is a delicious, healthy way to enjoy chickpeas which are also known as garbanzo beans. Chickpeas are a legume that is both high in fiber and in protein content. They are a great vegetable based source of iron and also a complex carbohydrate. Complex carbohydrates provide a slow source of energy that is released over time so they don’t result in a blood sugar spike. Of course, the main reason we enjoy hummus is because it tastes delicious. Here are ten ways that you can enjoy that don’t involve chips.
We enjoyed Heluva Good!® Hummus with our snacks today and it was amazing. Heluva Good!® Hummus is available now in three varieties throughout New England and upstate New York: Original, Roasted Red Pepper, and Horseradish. It’s the perfect way to enjoy your favorite healthy snacks. I love the creamy texture and knowing that it’s gluten free means that everyone in the family can enjoy it.
1. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, and Peppers. One of my favorite things to dip into hummus is fresh veggies. What I choose depends on what’s in season and available at the grocery store. We enjoy dipping fresh vegetables in the Heluva Good!® Classic Hummus.
2. Dip your quesadillas. Forget the sour cream. Instead, dip your quesadillas in hummus. Try veggie quesadillas with Heluva Good!® Horseradish Hummus! Amazingly delicious!
3. Enjoy your favorite Mediterranean pizza. If you’ve never tried it, I recommend it! Just dip your favorite Mediterranean pizza into Heluva Good!® Roasted Red Pepper Hummus for a special treat.
4. Dip your pretzels. If you need to dip a snack food into your hummus, why not try pretzels instead of chips? This is one of my daughter’s favorite ways to eat hummus that doesn’t involve chips.
5. Pita chips. If you need something crunchy to dip into your hummus, try dipping pita chips. This is the recipe we use when we are entertaining.
2 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- 1 package of pita bread
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut the pita bread into strips or squares or triangles.
- Spray lightly with olive oil.
- Season using your favorite herbs and spices.
- Bake 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total).
- Remove from the oven and cool.
The new Heluva Good!® Hummus is gluten-free and available in a 10 oz. container for $3.49 MSRP. You can find it throughout the Northeast at Stop and Shop, Big Y, Price Chopper, and Shaw’s locations.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.