Last Updated on April 25, 2021 by Ellen Christian
These homemade seasoned pita chips are an easy recipe you can use to enjoy hummus. Try my flavored pita chips recipe today and see.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today, I’ve decided to share the best healthy foods to enjoy with hummus. This is the perfect healthy snack recipe.
Homemade Seasoned Pita Chips
Hummus is a delicious, healthy way to enjoy chickpeas which are also known as garbanzo beans. Chickpeas are a legume that is both high in fiber and in protein content.
They are a great vegetable-based source of iron and also a complex carbohydrate. Complex carbohydrates provide a slow source of energy that is released over time so they don’t result in a blood sugar spike.
Of course, the main reason we enjoy hummus is that it tastes delicious. Here are ten ways that you can enjoy that don’t involve chips.
We enjoyed Heluva Good!® Hummus with our snacks today and it was amazing. Heluva Good!® Hummus is available now in three varieties throughout New England and upstate New York: Original, Roasted Red Pepper, and Horseradish.
It’s the perfect way to enjoy your favorite healthy snacks. I love the creamy texture and knowing that it’s gluten-free means that everyone in the family can enjoy it.
What foods can I dip in hummus?
1. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, and Peppers. One of my favorite things to dip into hummus is fresh veggies. What I choose depends on what’s in season and available at the grocery store. We enjoy dipping fresh vegetables in the Heluva Good!® Classic Hummus.
2. Dip your quesadillas. Forget the sour cream. Instead, dip your quesadillas in hummus. Try veggie quesadillas with Heluva Good!® Horseradish Hummus! Amazingly delicious!
3. Enjoy your favorite Mediterranean pizza. If you’ve never tried it, I recommend it! Just dip your favorite Mediterranean pizza into Heluva Good!® Roasted Red Pepper Hummus for a special treat.
4. Dip your pretzels. If you need to dip a snack food into your hummus, why not try pretzels instead of chips? This is one of my daughter’s favorite ways to eat hummus that doesn’t involve chips.
5. Pita chips. If you need something crunchy to dip into your hummus, try dipping pita chips. This is the recipe we use when we are entertaining.
What do I need to make homemade seasoned pita chips?
- Sharp knife or pizza cutter
- Olive oil in a spray bottle
- Baking sheet
Spices for pita chips
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder and black pepper
- Oregano, paprika, and black pepper
Can I make homemade pita chips from scratch?
You definitely can. I started with a premade package of pita bread because it’s a lot easier. But, if you have a favorite pita bread recipe, you can definitely use that instead.
How do I store leftovers?
These homemade seasoned pita chips are really best enjoyed right out of the oven. They are crispy and fresh. If you want to store them for another day, you can place them in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container. However, they will probably not be crispy the next day.
You can warm them slightly in the oven to try to make them crisp.
More healthy snack recipes
- 1 package of pita bread
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut the pita bread into strips or squares or triangles.
- Spray lightly with olive oil.
- Season using your favorite herbs and spices.
- Bake 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total).
- Remove from the oven and cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.