Are you looking for easy last minute Christmas decor? I’m not big on Christmas decorations that can only be used for a few weeks a year. That means I need to store boxes of decorations for the other 11 months they aren’t in use. Instead, I look for everyday items that I can use in a variety of different ways.
Easy Last Minute Christmas Decor
This project is an easy last minute idea that you can make using things you probably already have at home. You can experiment a bit if you don’t have exactly what I’ve used.
- Epsom salt (try granulated sugar if you don’t have Epsom salt)
- Red mini Christmas balls (try fresh cranberries if you don’t have these)
- Tea light candles
- Mason jar (or any clear jar with no label)
- Pine cones, pine boughs, etc.
- Ribbons, bows, etc.
- Pour a few inches of Epsom salts into the bottom of the Mason jar.
- Carefully drop in a few red mini Christmas balls or a layer of fresh cranberries.
- Add a tealight candle (note this is for decoration only – not for use)
- Put the top on the Mason jar.
- Tie pretty ribbon or bows around the top in coordinating colors.
- Arrange miscellaneous items around the base of the jar to fill the tray.
Note that this is for decoration, not for use. I’m not sure it would be safe to burn the tealight on top of the mini Christmas balls. I’m sure it would work on top of cranberries without an issue as long as you watched it while it was burning. Set this in the middle of the table on a pretty tray with some evergreen boughs and Christmas balls. You could easily leave this up past Christmas if you wanted to.
For an added plus, you can use Epsom salts that have added essential oils. I used eucalyptus in mine. Plus, I used the pinecones that I had sprayed with cinnamon essential oils. You might as well get some benefit from this besides it looking pretty.
For more winter ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy last minute Christmas decor by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Peppermint cream fruit dip by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Winter snowflake picture by Simply Southern Mom
- Pumpkin peanut butter snowflake dog treats by Two Little Cavaliers
- Easy DIY ginger tea cocoa butter soap by Food Fun Family
- DIY Reindeer gift bag by A Bride on a Budget