Last Updated on May 24, 2023 by Ellen Christian
These easy cinnamon pinecones use essential oils to make your home smell like the holidays. And, they make a festive centerpiece as well.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy cinnamon pine cones with essential oils serve two purposes. Did you know that cinnamon essential oil is used in aromatherapy to eliminate airborne bacteria? It helps to prevent many respiratory tract infections.
Since cold and flu season have definitely arrived at my home, I decided it couldn’t hurt to place a bowl of cinnamon-scented pine cones in the living room. They’re attractive and useful which makes them the best of both worlds.
Easy Cinnamon Pine Cones with Essential Oils
I’m not exactly sure how they scent those cinnamon-scented pine cones you find at Walmart and craft stores, but it’s a fairly good bet that they aren’t using real essential oils. They are probably using some sort of fragrance oil which definitely won’t have the same properties that real cinnamon essential oil does.
Get your free essential oil diffuser blends sheet.
Thankfully, these easy cinnamon pine cones with essential oils can be made in just a few minutes. If you have pine cones in the backyard, send one of the kids outside to collect them. If you don’t have pine cones in your area, you can buy plain, unscented pine cones at most craft stores and some garden centers.
- Place 8 to 10 drops of cinnamon essential oil in a small spray bottle filled with water. Shake.
- Spread the pine cones on a flat surface. If you don’t want the surface to smell like cinnamon, it’s best to do this outside. Spray well.
- Place them in a plastic bag and seal for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove them from the bag and set them in a basket or glass bowl for decoration.
If the cinnamon scent fades, you can repeat the process and reuse them from year to year. Get festive and add holly, fir branches, jingle bells, or other accessories as it gets closer to Christmas. To give as a gift, place in a plastic bag and tie it closed with a pretty red and green ribbon.
You may like this pumpkin spice essential oil blend next. It has all your favorite fall scents.
- Thanksgiving Decor with Cricut by Life with Lisa
- Easy Home Decorating for Thanksgiving by Controlled Confusion
- Homemade Name Tags for Thanksgiving Dinner by Tools 2 Tiaras
- My Six Best Holiday Decorating Secrets by Rajean Blomquist
- How to add essential oils to laundry
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.
8 thoughts on “Easy Cinnamon Pine Cones with Essential Oils”