Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy asparagus appetizer is perfect for the holidays or even for a light lunch. I first made these Asparagus Tomato Parmesan Squares when I was looking for an easy way to encourage the kids to eat more vegetables.
Easy Asparagus Appetizer
While my kids generally eat veggies, they’d much rather graze on them than sit down to a pile of asparagus on the dinner plate. Of course, it also works wonderfully as an appetizer for your party. It’s fancy enough to impress your guests. But, it’s easy enough to make that you don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking.
It’s so much easier to get them to grab some carrot sticks and dip, celery with peanut butter or this easy asparagus appetizer. It may look like it took quite a while to make but it was honestly really quick and easy. It would be perfect to start for your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal or for a get-together. If you’re looking for something that takes a bit more time, you can make your own cocktail sauce for shrimp cocktail.
I love serving this easy appetizer recipe at our New Year’s Eve parties. I really don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when I could be visiting with friends instead. So, I much prefer to serve easy finger foods that everyone can enjoy. Let the kids help add the vegetables and the cheese. It will let them feel like they’re part of the process and they’ll be more likely to enjoy sampling these healthy appetizers afterward.
Are you looking for another asparagus recipe? You may want to try my Asparagus and Potato Frittata. You can easily serve this as an appetizer by making tiny slices. Or, bake it in a 9 x 13 pan and serve squares with appetizer picks. You can do the same thing with a simple quiche recipe.
Wrapped asparagus appetizer
Wrapped asparagus appetizers are a huge hit at many parties because they are so easy to make. You simply wrap each asparagus spear in something and cook. So, if that’s the type of easy asparagus appetizer you want, here are a few that you can start with.
- This recipe uses bread, herbs, and cheese to wrap asparagus in.
- This appetizer is garlic butter prosciutto-wrapped asparagus.
- If you’re looking for something healthy, this paleo wrapped asparagus is the perfect appetizer.
- You can also wrap your asparagus in bacon if you prefer.
- Roasted asparagus wrapped in ham is another tasty way to enjoy your asparagus.
One of the reasons that I love this easy asparagus appetizer is because asparagus finger food is so easy to eat. No one wants to deal with a plate and silverware during a party. Finger food is the perfect solution. You can just place a variety of serving dishes on the table and let people help themselves.
Raw asparagus appetizers
I’m honestly not a huge fan of raw asparagus. But, if you have a summer party and don’t want to heat up the house, you can certainly do that. Here are a few that you might want to try. The key to eating raw asparagus is to make sure that the asparagus spears are from very young plants. If not, you will want to shave them thinly so that they aren’t tough and stringy.
- Try this shaved raw asparagus with parmesan dressing. While this is technically a salad, you can offer it as an appetizer.
- Or, serve this raw vegan asparagus with avocado dip.
- Shaved asparagus and goat cheese bruschetta is another easy asparagus appetizer.
What’s your favorite easy appetizer recipe?
More holiday recipes
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 box of puff pastry sheets
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 container of fresh pesto
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- The quantities are fairly vague because it really depends on how many people you're entertaining or whether you're making it for a snack for you and the kids. Adjust as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Roll the puff pastry sheets slightly, even off the edges, cut into 2" squares.
- Carefully lift them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Brush on the pesto
- Add a half a cherry tomato and a piece of asparagus onto each.
- Add salt and pepper and cheese to the top of each
- Bake about 10 minutes or until golden brown
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 42Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.