Last Updated on April 14, 2023 by Ellen Christian
Worried about germs in your home? These tea tree wipes are easy to make and work great. Make these tea tree oil wipes and start cleaning.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY Disinfecting Wipes with Tea Tree Oil
I prefer to use all-natural cleaning products in my home but I really want something that’s going to kill any germs and bacteria that are laying around as well. These DIY Disinfecting Wipes with Tea Tree Oil are the perfect solution.
I’ve been buying disinfecting wipes in containers from the store but since I’m working on using less disposable products, I knew this was something I could make easily.
I’ve been cleaning with vinegar and tea tree oil in a spray bottle for years so it was just a matter of having the handiness of disinfecting wipes when I wanted one.
Wring these homemade tea tree wipes out well and you can use them on your smartphone as well. Just watch the ports.
What can I use instead of Lysol wipes?
You can use whatever type of cloth scraps you have laying around the house. I’ve known people to use old socks and t-shirts.
If your little one is now out of diapers, it’s easy to cut up old cloth diapers as well. Since I had neither of these available, I decided to cut up some old cloth napkins that had seen better days.
They also work well as homemade hand sanitizer wipes.
Homemade Handi Wipes Materials:
- Old wipes container or a large Mason jar with lid
- Cloth scraps cut into squares – socks, t-shirts, rags, cloth napkins, etc.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp vinegar (white)
- 1/2 tbsp dish liquid (natural is best – I use Seventh Generation)
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
DIY Tea Tree Wipes Directions:
- Mix the liquid ingredients in the container or Mason jar. Multiply it by however large your container is. I doubled it.
- Either fold or crumple the cloth scraps into the container to mix with the solution.
- To use the wipe, remove it from the container, lightly squeeze the solution from it, use it to wipe down whatever, toss in the laundry basket to put in the next day’s wash.
Periodically, you will need to add more solution to the container but if you cut up enough scraps, it works quite well. I love using vinegar and tea tree oil to clean with.
Tea tree oil has a nice astringent smell, which hides the smell of vinegar. Both have disinfecting properties so they are a great choice for making homemade reusable cleaning tea tree wipes.
If you’re interested in using more essential oils, check out my other essential oil DIYs.
More cleaning recipes
- Homemade Febreze recipe
- Mouthwash Recipe with Essential Oils
- Lavender Linen Spray
- Vinegar Disinfectant Spray
- How to Clean Your Kitchen with Essential Oils
- How to add essential oils to laundry
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.