Last Updated on February 19, 2023 by Ellen Christian
If you’re looking for homemade pies recipes but prefer to cook with seasonal produce, keep reading for the best pie recipes around.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A Year of Homemade Pies Recipes for Every Season
I love using seasonal produce because it tends to be at the peak of freshness. Plus, it’s more affordable and leaves less of a carbon footprint than buying out of season.
There is nothing that says traditional American dessert more than a home-baked pie. I have wonderful memories from my childhood of both my mother and grandmother preparing homemade pies.
Of course, I am awful at making my own traditional pie crust but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying them at all. I just use a premade pie crust from the grocery store instead of making my own.
If you like making homemade pie crust, you can certainly do that as well. When I do make my own pie crust, this dough roller makes all the difference.
Best pie recipes for spring
In Vermont, spring means rhubarb so that’s definitely my favorite type of pie in the spring. My rhubarb custard pie is one that I make every year.
Depending on where you live, strawberries may also be in season in the spring. This strawberry pie from Really, Are You Serious? is on my list to try soon.
This silicone pastry mat is helpful if you are making your own crust. Or, try my apple rhubarb pie recipe.
List of pie recipes for summer
There are so many things that are in season during the summer that I put together a list of pie recipes for summer that you might want to try.
Of course, I hope that you’ll try my peach hand pies and my strawberry pie recipe as well. If you want to make two different pies at the same time, this split pie pan is very useful.
- Peach Chocolate Galette by My Pure Plants
- Blackberry Custard Pie by Joy-Filled Eats
- No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie by Jonesin’ for Taste
- American Flag Fruit Pie by Herbivore Cucina
- Easy Peach Pie by Attainable Sustainable
- Veggie Gluten Free Quiche by Recipes from a Pantry
- Perfect Blueberry Pie by Foodal
- Easy Plum Pie Recipe by Ann’s Entitled Life
Easy pie recipes for fall
I’m a big fan of easy pie recipes. As much as I love to cook and bake, I’d prefer not to spend hours in the kitchen making one recipe.
As I mentioned above, I start with a pre-made pie crust to save time. Then, when I’m in the mood to bake, I just have to deal with the filling and bake the pie.
Here are a few pie recipes you can make using seasonal fall produce. This pie crust shield will help prevent your crust from burning.
- Easy, From Scratch Apple Pie by Melanie Cooks
- Ricotta Stuffed Baked Pear Halves in a Chocolate Pie Crust by Cultureatz
- Easy Canned Pumpkin Pie by Food Meanderings
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie by Earth Food and Fire
- Apple Pie with Kale and Lemon by Veggie Desserts
- Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie by Healthy Slow Cooking
- Easy Skillet Apple Pie by Uncommon Designs
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie by The Country Chic Cottage
- Russian Apple Pie by Happy Kitchen Rocks
- Apple Cranberry Pie in a Jar by Savings Lifestyle
- Dutch Apple Pie Recipe by Cincy Shopper
Dessert pie recipes for winter
It’s more difficult to find dessert pie recipes in the winter that focus on seasonal produce because not as much grows in my area.
If you have storage available, you can often use pumpkins, winter squash, and apples that are left from your fall harvest in your homemade pies recipes.
You can also try a few of these seasonal pie recipes. Have you ever tried using a pie bird?
- Eggnog Custard Pie by Tikkido
- Gluten-Free Sugar Plum Apple Currant Pie by Brooklyn Farm Girl
- Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pie by What’s Cooking America
- No Bake Candy Cane Pie by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Chocolate Oatmeal Molasses Pie by Bunsen Burner Bakery
- Try my easy Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
While your favorite apple pie recipe will probably still remain your favorite, it can’t hurt to try a few of these pie recipes throughout the year.
When the holiday rolls around, you’ll have a wide range of fruit pie recipes to choose from to impress your guests. Which of these homemade pies recipes will you try first?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.
4 thoughts on “A Year of Homemade Pies Recipes”